Minoxidil can cause folliculitis? WTF?!?!

DENI3D

Established Member
Reaction score
So went to my doctor to get a prescription for finasteride and he said that it looks like I have folliculitis! I know this isn't the sole cause of my hairless, in fact probably isn't the cause of my hair loss at all but I just found out that minoxidil can in fact cause folliculitis WTF, definitely didn't read that in any of the stuff I read online. This sucks, so now he wants to wait 6 weeks to see if the fungal infection is cleared before I get my prescription for finasteride. When it didn't look like I was balding I looked at him like he was crazy, he said ya you are thinning but not balding since there are still follicles, ya the point is to get on finasteride so I don't lose them!:2gunsfiring_v1:So any advice to anyone that has an itchy scalp like I do (I've read on these forums others talking about it) apparently it is not a normal part of male pattern baldness, so you might want to get it checked out. He asked how long I had been irritated and itchy and I said about a year and he seemed shocked, I just said I thought it was a normal part of male pattern baldness:sulkoff: