minoxidil-body hair

miker2843

Reaction score
Can the minoxidil possibly be making me grow more hair on my body, becaue ever since starting it, I have a lotmore hair on mybody

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I doubt it, unless you actually get some on the area. I think that minoxidil is just local. Maybe its your imagination but im definitely not an expert. so (bump).

SethAus

Reaction score
DonaldAnderson said:
I doubt it, unless you actually get some on the area. I think that minoxidil is just local. Maybe its your imagination but im definitely not an expert. so (bump).
Not true. It grows a lot more hair on my arms, back of hands and fingers than it does on my head, and I'm very careful in making sure it goes only on my scalp and nowhere else. In fact, if it worked as well on my head as it does on my arms, hands and fingers, I would be a poster boy for minoxidil efficacy.

That's why women are discouraged from using 5%, by the way. There is a greater chance of growing unwanted hair on other parts of the body.

SE-freak

Reaction score
SethAus said:
Not true. It grows a lot more hair on my arms, back of hands and fingers than it does on my head, and I'm very careful in making sure it goes only on my scalp and nowhere else. In fact, if it worked as well on my head as it does on my arms, hands and fingers, I would be a poster boy for minoxidil efficacy.

You seem to experience high levels of systemic absorption. Be careful with that. Make sure you apply minoxidil on a dry scalp.

SethAus

Reaction score
SE-freak said:
SethAus said:

You seem to experience high levels of systemic absorption. Be careful with that. Make sure you apply minoxidil on a dry scalp.
What are some of the dangers? And doesn't everyone absorb it systemically? The scalp and skin are permeable, after all. Remeber, Minoxidil was discovered by accident. When it was discovered it wasn't by rubbing it on any particular part of the body. Rather, it got into the system and began to sprout hair unexpectedly.

Norwood2.5

Established Member
Reaction score
miker2843 said:
Can the minoxidil possibly be making me grow more hair on my body, becaue ever since starting it, I have a lotmore hair on mybody
Definitely, one of the side effects.