Minoxidil And The Potential For Short-term Maintenance

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d appreciate it greatly if those of you with experience using minoxidil only - either before deciding to take finasteride or before deciding definitively not to take finasteride - could give me your opinions on the feasibility of using minoxidil for short-term maintenance (approximately a year). I understand that minoxidil is not a long-term solution unless used in conjunction with an anti-androgen, however it seems as though short-term improvement/ maintenance on minoxidil only is not entirely uncommon; I’d love to hear 9( your experience and opinion.

Essentially, I am hesitant to take oral finasteride presently and would ideally like to wait for Almirall’s P-3074 (waiting for a prospective treatment is always risky, but P-3074 is supposedly approaching the final stages). I’d imagine that minoxidil is generally better than nothing, but is the prospect of 12 months maintenance unlikely/ uncommon? Any and all responses are appreciated.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil gave me godlike results within the first 6 months. DHT overpowered after that and everything fucked up.

get on finasteride and if you see any sides quit using it.