Minoxidil and Pregnancy

lilL

Reaction score
Hello, I have been using Minoxidil for quite some time now. I have had significant success. I recently got married, and we're now thinking about having kids. I am most afraid of having to stop using Minoxidil during the pregnancy. I know that once you stop using it, all the surplus hair falls out. I am also concerned that I will lose more hair than I would have if I never started using Minoxidil. The reason I think that I will lose more hair is because when you first start using Minoxidil, you lose some hair as Minoxidil pushes existant hair folicles out of the way to make room for the new ones (or at least this is what I read on a different website). So I'm afraid that when I stop using Minoxidil, I will actually have less hair than before I started using it. Does anyone have any feedback on this topic? Also, does anyone know if it's possible to continue using Minoxidil during the pregnancy?

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil will not effect pregnant women or foetus, 100%.

I don't who told you otherwise?

lilL

Reaction score
My doctor told me that there are risk associated with using minoxidil during pregnancy. Plus, I read about it on many websites....

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
lilL said:
My doctor told me that there are risk associated with using minoxidil during pregnancy. Plus, I read about it on many websites....

I don't understand. Are you male or female?

I am presuming you are male. How is putting minoxidil on your head going to effect your pregnant wife?

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
That explains it.

It can have cause blood pressure issues, to be honest I am not qualified to answer that question.

Try posting it in the women's section and see if any of the ladies have had any experiences.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Systemic Absorbtion can occur from minoxidil use.

Although your baby will PROBABLY be fine, it's better not to risk it.

Yes, your regrown hair will fall out, and you will appear to have lost more hair since when you started treatment. But after a while, your hair will eventually come back.

You can always hop on treatment after pregnancy. Better safe than sorry--After all, minoxidil is an intense blood pressure medicine. You don't want that circulating in your body.

Have you considered using copper peptides? They help regrow hair, too! A bit pricey, but look at Tricomin product line.

Also, women can use a prescription medicine called Spiroactalone, which will help to regrow hair. I don't know how that would fair with pregnancy, so it's best to ask your doctor before starting a medical treatment.

Anyway, I hope some of this helps.

lilL

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I didn't find a Rogaine forum on the women's side, and decided to post it here.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
That's fine.

Really, there are so many ways to combat your hairloss. It's understandably much more difficult being a female, as well. Look into Revivogen, a natural topical application. Even vitamins do their part. Goodluck!