Minoxidil and Nizoral

Christoff

Reaction score
I just purchased these in addition to taking generic finasteride daily. Why are they not advertised to help with what I need yet everyone says they do it well?

Nizoral just says it's for dandruff and minoxidil just says it's for vertex balding.

Here's where my loss is.

hair3.jpg

As you can see. No thinning on the scalp nor balding in the back of the scalp. Just the frontal region. So nizoral every 3-4 days? Do I need to condition my hair post nizoral or no? And minoxidil twice daily? Morning and night? Should I just apply it to the bald regions shown in the pictures or in a more general area? Any other tips for these two? Anything else I should know? Thanks!

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
This should be posted in the my story forum.

But anyway, that loss doesnt look too bad. It would help if you took some better pics where the whole hairline is pulled back. If we could see the proportion from your eyebrows to the hairline that would also help.

Im guessing you are about a norwood two. But i cant tell for sure.

Finasteride would help halt further loss along with nizoral a few times a week.

To regrow minoxidil would be recomended.

Depending how serious you are you could also add spironolactone which is a topical anti androgen.

You could also try copper peptides like tricomin/folligen to really kick some ***.

For now, i would just go with the big three: Finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral.

Ps. Don't expect super responsive growth for the temples/frontal hairline. Some people dont get very good results but than again some do so it just depends. I have been battling the front for a few years and seem to be slowly winning now.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm not sure if nizoral's test was monitored by FDA, which is why they can't say it grows hair. FDA tests are expensive. Rogaine was never tested in the front, so they can only claim it works in the back, where it was tested. This is BS since I put it on the front and have gotten regrowth that goes away when I stop and comes back when I get back on it. My frontal hair has not moved since I've been on propecia, and it was shedding fast before then. So propecia does help in the front.

G

looks like you're a solid norwood 2. frontal and top hair looks good to me, not much damage if any. none that i can see anyway.

your main concern is your receding hairline and temples. propecia should stop that for a bit.

Christoff

Reaction score
Yep. On a form of the propecia. I just used nizoral for the first time. So apply minoxidil to those temple/frontal areas twice daily? Morning/night?

G

Christoff said:
Yep. On a form of the propecia. I just used nizoral for the first time. So apply minoxidil to those temple/frontal areas twice daily? Morning/night?

yeah i'd apply minoxidil 1 ml twice daily all along the hairline and inside the temples.

Christoff

Reaction score
Any recomendations so you don't get any drippage? Or just applying it in general :wink:

Should I condition after nizoral?

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What's your age? You look like you're just growing into a mature hairline. I think your hair looks great man.

You could use .25mL a temple of Minoxidil if you wanted, but I don't really see a reason for it. Nizoral will help with any irritation. Be glad for your hair dude, seriously.

menace

Reaction score
i'm 21 and have a pretty similar hairline. i started 5% rogaine a month ago, once a day, and ive been getting lost of new hairs along the hairline. give it a shot man.

menace

Reaction score
btw christoff, have you noticed any side effects with the generic propecia?
i need to get on some of that stuff, but sexual sides at 21 yrs old arent so appealing.

Christoff

Reaction score
menace said:
i need to get on some of that stuff, but sexual sides at 21 yrs old arent so appealing.

Nope. I was scared at first too but after reading everyone WITHOUT side effects I felt better. I think the sexual side effect was 1% in the test?

Alas I haven't noticed ONE thing different about my body/penis/hormones/etc.

I'm doing minoxidil but to be honest I'm not very consistent :/

menace

Reaction score
Christoff said:
menace said:

Nope. I was scared at first too but after reading everyone WITHOUT side effects I felt better. I think the sexual side effect was 1% in the test?

good to know. also, use the rogaine foam, its the best thing ever created.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
Christoff said:
menace said:

You have to be consistent!

Thats part of the whole thing about minoxidil.

I can honestly say that in about two years i have only missed one application. I think thats pretty damn good. I only apply once a day though so its easier. :)

Christoff

Reaction score
Phillip said:
Christoff said:
menace said:

You have to be consistent!

Thats part of the whole thing about minoxidil.

I can honestly say that in about two years i have only missed one application. I think thats pretty damn good. I only apply once a day though so its easier. :)

Well I always will apply once a day. But not always twice...

I usuall drop it on the frontal regions then rub it around with my fingers a bit so I don't get too much drippage. That what you guys do?

Christoff

Reaction score
Been a while, totally forgot about this thread. I stopped using minoxidil long ago and have been taking biotin for the past 2 months. I'll try to update some pictures so you guys can judge if there's a difference. If nothing else it definitely halted my hair loss.

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
Christoff said:
Been a while, totally forgot about this thread. I stopped using minoxidil long ago and have been taking biotin for the past 2 months. I'll try to update some pictures so you guys can judge if there's a difference. If nothing else it definitely halted my hair loss.

Propecia is what halted your hair loss, not Biotin.

Christoff

Reaction score
Naltima said:
Christoff said:

Propecia is what halted your hair loss, not Biotin.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I haven't exactly gained anything but I've had a bit of tiny hairs that never seem to gain length in that frontal area.

menace

Reaction score
Christoff said:

haha, def been a while. i rediscovered the board recently. bummer about the minoxidil..... why did you stop? i'm finally gonna start finasteride in a few days time... overall though my hair is doing pretty good. rogaine has kept me in the game.