minoxidil and HORRID side effects

norwood_6

Reaction score
man after using the 5% rogain for a few days i fuggin quit!! my nipples hurt soooo bad i couldnt even lay on my chest and the stomach bloat was unreal, and the abdominal pain was no picnick either. why am i getting hammered by this stuff?

:freaked2:

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, you're not really supposed to.. err.. drink it. :shock:

If you didn't - a topical solution shouldn't quite be able to do that, used correctly. Maybe if it was extremely toxic.

norwood_6

Reaction score
i dunno man, its the rogain 5% brand. should i try 2% and see what happends?
btw i used the recomended amount 1ml dabbed to balding areas

The Gardener

Reaction score
Give it more time. I think there may be something else going on with you. By chance, did you have any mexican food, or something like califlower and milk for dinner last night?

The symptoms you describe are not typical minoxidil side effects. Perhaps with a little more time, you can isolate whether or not it is the minoxidil that is causing this.

G

Your body maybe a little sensitive to the minoxidil or maybe even the PPG iin the mix.

Try applying it once a day(at night) for a few days and see if your OK. Then try moving up to twice a day when your body is used to it. I did this and I found that I had no irritation at all. Maybe I'm lucky but I had no itching, flaking, dandruff, residue and only a minor shed.

If you continue to react badly to it there is a possibility that:

1. you are allergic to Minoxidil (very rare)

or

2. you are allergic(or irritated) by the PPG in the Rogaine

If you feel it could be the PPG, you could try Dr Lee's PPG Free 5% Minoxidil, he uses Glycerin instead of PPG as the vehicle to absorb the Min into your scalp.

If you still get the symptoms after using Dr Lee's Min, I would say you should bin the Min and stick with Finasteride and Nizoral and hope for some thickening and regrowth with those. It would be a hell of a lot less hassle to pop a pill daily and wash your barnet with some pink sh*t 2 or 3 times a week.

That should sort you out unless your one of the 1% that turns into a homo.

bobo

Reaction score
I don't think PPG could possibly cause this. It's side effect is irritation.........

norwood_6

Reaction score
i feel alot better now that im not using it. nipples and chest dont ache anynore. should i run the 2%?

Axon

Reaction score
Frankly, this shouldn't be happening.

You posted the exact same concerns in another thread. If you could limit the same issue to one topic, we'd appreciate it.

Finally: If you're convinced Minoxidil is the cause of these effects, discontinue use.

norwood_6

Reaction score
maybe it causes a shift to great to my hormones? i dont realy know man thats why i posted this a couple times!! do you mind??

Axon

Reaction score
norwood_6 said:
maybe it causes a shift to great to my hormones? i dont realy know man thats why i posted this a couple times!! do you mind??

Not at all. We just can't have it happening on the regular. Simply bump your thread if you want additional responses. :)

Now, on to the side effects. Minoxidil does not affect your hormones in any fashion. It is a stimulant that increases circulation to the follicle, and improves the cosmetic look of the hair in ways that we do not fully understand. However, it does not suppress any hormone in the sense that Finasteride does.

Personally, I think you're paranoid. I saw you mention in another thread that these drugs scare you, and I think this is a manifestation of that fear. However, since there's a chance that this is not all in your mind, I hesitate to tell you to continue using the product. Ultimately, it is up to you. If you don't like the sides, don't use the product. It's that simple.

There's only so much help I can give you on the other side of the internet. You're an adult and you have to choose for yourself.

norwood_6

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, maybe i am that 1 % that gets hammered with sides. i feel better now that i stopped using it. oh and by the way i used the rogain way before i even found out about these forums, so its not like i been working up paranoia by reading crazy *** posts

johnny-at-sea

Reaction score
after 50 days of minoxidil 2% application, 2x1ml daily, my blood pressure went down from 130/85 to 105/70. and, irregular heart beat lasted for 10 days.
i had to quit.

Axon

Reaction score
johnny-at-sea said:
after 50 days of minoxidil 2% application, 2x1ml daily, my blood pressure went down from 130/85 to 105/70. and, irregular heart beat lasted for 10 days.
i had to quit.

While unfortunate, this kind of side is known to arise from the use of Minoxidil from time to time.