Minoxidil and hair loss?

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, I know these horror stories move through the forums like waves, one month it's gyno, the next it's well, gyno.. :lol:

Anyway, lately I've been noticing several posters saying they felt like Min made their hair worse after using it - that they shed hair and never recovered it - and this possibly applying to people with diffuse thinning.

Now, is there a basis for Min making hair worse to the point it doesn't recover or is this mostly an instance of people that started it and didn't keep up with it properly (or quitting) and thus suffering the temporary consequences?

I'm a diffuse thinner, that's my main problem, but I let it go long enough that I don't think finasteride alone would be successful so the "Big 3" seemed like the only sure fire way to go in the long run for decent regrowth. BHD's success in this area was a big selling point for me.

What's the word on this from the long timers / old pros?

Is there some crucial bit of info about Min and diffuse thinners that I missed during 6 months of research or is this just another worry wave? :p

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
macdruid said:
Okay, I know these horror stories move through the forums like waves, one month it's gyno, the next it's well, gyno.. :lol:

f*** you.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I like Shirley Temple. f*** you again.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Am I Shirley Temple because I have boobs, fagdruid?

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
Temples said:
Am I Shirley Temple because I have boobs, fagdruid?

Awwwww, calling a gay man a f**... that so hurts.... NOT.

...and what the hell do your 'boobs' have to do with anything? I called you a Shirley Temple because you came into a thread that had nothing to do with you and started cussing at me like a baby.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm a little touchy about my boobs.

I have nothing against gays.

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
Temples said:
Sorry, I'm a little touchy about my boobs.

Well, my comment above about gyno, obviously, had nothing in the slightest to do with you. The only reason I made it is that when someone with a legitimate issue posts about it you, often, see a multitude of others posting with worries / paranoia and it clouds the issue as to what actually is going on.

Which is why I wanted to know if there was real evidence about hair loss and Min in diffuse thinners rather than trying to decipher if it was just people not following through on the regimen and then having a shed.

I certainly wouldn't be intentionally making fun of anyone's side effects. male pattern baldness is bad enough without having to suffer through all this other crap. :-x

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fair enough.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
macdruid said:

Anyway, lately I've been noticing several posters saying they felt like Min made their hair worse after using it - that they shed hair and never recovered it - and this possibly applying to people with diffuse thinning.

Now, is there a basis for Min making hair worse to the point it doesn't recover or is this mostly an instance of people that started it and didn't keep up with it properly (or quitting) and thus suffering the temporary consequences?

I'm a diffuse thinner, that's my main problem, but I let it go long enough that I don't think finasteride alone would be successful so the "Big 3" seemed like the only sure fire way to go in the long run for decent regrowth. BHD's success in this area was a big selling point for me.

What's the word on this from the long timers / old pros?

Is there some crucial bit of info about Min and diffuse thinners that I missed during 6 months of research or is this just another worry wave? :p

It is possible for minoxidil to make you loose hair. If your body had some kind of reaction to the chemical it could cause inflamation and other effects making your hair fall out. When you stopped using the minoxidil you would get what you lost back unless the reaction caused your hair follicles to die.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MidnightFlyer said:
I really enjoyed this thread. It was just f*****g brilliant.

At your service. :)