minoxidil and finasteride got better 5 months now Worse? with PIC'S

sammy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Heres my story;

I shaved my head may of this year things wear going great with real good results (look at the pictures) on the 5th month end of oct,,,

Than on the 6th month things started to get real bad, heaps of failling out... main area of fall out is the rear of the scalp (look at the pictures)
Im getting so much fall out its not funny....

Im on 4ml minoxidil and 1mg of finasteride daily and 3mg MSM

One thing i have notice is my scalp has turned a nice healthy white colour when it used to be red!

I have two ideas of what it is

1) i use hair spray just in the area of my scalp and suffer from all types of allergies so my scalp might have a reaction to the hair spray it does make my scalp very ichy when i use it?

2) That im shedding more in that area because most of my baldness is in the area so may be the thick new hairs want to come out so losing all the smaller type hair? most hair fail out is the thin hairs not the thick one's

Sorry i will try to get you pictures of full hair when it was thin as.....

DSC_00023.jpg

First shave
IMG033.jpg

5 month
IMG040.jpg

Its hard to tell how much the bald spot at the rear looks lik ein the photo but trust me its getting hard to cover wear it was very easy to cover on the 5th month

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks the same to me...it's just one is on focus and the other isn't.

Why are you on 4ml minoxidil anyway?...It's pointless (especially since your problem area is small) and potentially harmful. More is not better.

kemmpo55

Reaction score
From that picture I disagree. Your hair is wet in that last picture, the 5 month pic isn't. A lot of non-balding people have that slight showing of skin there because of the patterns of the hair growth. Your hair in that last pic looks just about perfect.

sammy

Reaction score
Hi,

I knew people would say that ill take some new photos tonight if i can, and ill take the picture down.

My hair is alot worse now compard to the 5th month picture, please read the post. I had no fall out on the 5th month, on the 6th month im getting sh*t loads of fail out its not funny my hair is alot worse off.

powersam

Reaction score
its a shed
its a shed
its a shed he cried
and a shed it had to be.

G

Yes, it looks worse indeed even if we keep in mind that your hair on the last pic looks wet. I guess it is regular shed as powersam mentioned. Stick with your treatments and ride it out!!

kemmpo55

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Yes, it looks worse indeed even if we keep in mind that your hair on the last pic looks wet. I guess it is regular shed as powersam mentioned. Stick with your treatments and ride it out!!

I just don't see it, this reminds me of an anorexic 80 pound girl looking in the mirror and saying she's fat.

sammy

Reaction score
cheers power and taugen,

It must be a shed i think because thats my most worse bald spot with very thin hair and also my scalp is white its never been this healthy usaully shittiy red scalp....

Ill try getting photos up by tomro....

s.a.f

Reaction score
You call that a bald spot? :roll:

sammy

Reaction score
Update

Update:

Hi All,

7th month things are getting real bad, hair on the rear of scalp is getting a bigger bald spot.

Im assuming its a shed and hoping the shed should stop around the 9th month and regrowth should start.

Im just hoping hair spray is not making it worse as my scalp is sensitive to hair spray the i think inflames it which can lead to hair loss, my hair has got worse as i have been on holidays and using hair spary everyday.

Ill update with a pic if i can later tonight.

Norwood3McGee

Reaction score
First off I wouldn't even be concerned about that size bald spot.

Secondly, 4 ml. of minoxidil?!?!?! For that little spot. Sheesh that's a lot man!!. I am way worse off than you and I only use 1ml.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jesus, I know girls who don't have that much hair. Now I know what the Romper Room was for...

sammy

Reaction score
ha ha funny c*nts...

2ml over the whole top and rear scalp you fool...

if you dont have any thing to say thats has anything to do with my shed or infammed scalp f*ck off.

sammy

Reaction score
IMG033.jpg

5th month before the shed

1.jpg

IMG228.jpg

7th month still shedding

Its hard to tell by the photos but i dont really have that much hair if you look at the gap from when i pulling my hair back you can see.

Hopfully the hair will stop falling out soon too.... but yeah the gap is getting bigger on the back....

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
sammy.....honestly, without knowing what the back of your head used to look like, If I saw you out in public I wouldn't think you had a bald spot in the back. Maybe it did used to be thicker but I can't tell. Maybe one day you'll have a bald spot back there but that is probably a lot of years coming.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks thick and healthy. that tiny patch at the back is nothing to worry about ..more than likely you keep on the finasteride it will disappear altogether but no one would see it except 6ft 5 guys hunting out tiny hair loss.

minoxidil should be 1ml a day though..don't overdose on things that's never a good thing.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can see a bit of thinning there alright. Not much at all and I wouldnt notice unless really looking for it. Keep up the treatments, it should fill in