Minoxidil And Concealers Is Time Consuming Routine, What Would You Do?

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
This is what I'm looking at:

Wake up
Wash off minoxidil liquid from last night (10 mins)
Apply concealer (5 - 10 mins)

Come home
Wash off concealer (15 - 20 mins) - Biggest problem, I have scratch and claw all that sh*t out
Apply minoxidil liquid (5 mins)

It could take longer, but my guess is at least 45 minutes daily.
And this just once a day minoxidil, no way I could do twice. Once again wondering if I should leave out minoxidil and just see what finasteride does, but wouldn't want to miss out on the benefits of minoxidil. Although I wouldn't have to worry about minoxidil making my hair worse as others describe in my last thread, especially as I'm happy with how concealers are working so far. What would you do?

Aldrich

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I quit. You have to weigh the effort and benefit against each other. Minoxidil is a pain in the ***. But, if you're seeing outstanding results from it, really hitting the 25% ceiling, then just suck it up and apply that sh*t.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no experience with concealers, but the time it's taking you to wash out the minoxidil and apply it seem like a bit much compared with how long it takes me...10 min to wash your hair? and 5 min to apply?

It takes me like, 1 minute to wash my hair, and 1-2 to apply minoxidil....

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
I quit. You have to weigh the effort and benefit against each other. Minoxidil is a pain in the ***. But, if you're seeing outstanding results from it, really hitting the 25% ceiling, then just suck it up and apply that sh*t.

Lol. I haven't taken minoxidil long enough to notice any benefit. Concealer is working for me, so I'm a little less desperate for quicker results that minoxidil could give, and wouldn't want my hair to get worse from it either. I guess I'm leaning toward waiting on finasteride for a few months since I've only been on it for 1.5 months.

Just drop the concealer?

It's been working well, so why?

I have no experience with concealers, but the time it's taking you to wash out the minoxidil and apply it seem like a bit much compared with how long it takes me...10 min to wash your hair? and 5 min to apply?

It takes me like, 1 minute to wash my hair, and 1-2 to apply minoxidil....

I'm prone to flaking and dandruff, so I gotta really wash that minoxidil liquid out because of the propylene glycol in it. And 5 mins to apply because I have to apply it over my entire scalp, having to use twice the dosage at 2 ml.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, minoxidil twice a day and concealer every single day. I remember very clearly before minoxidil i never had flakes or barely any visible dandruff and once i started liquid minoxidil i was raining flakes and they were falling all over my long beard and it a pain gRetting them out. I later on switched to the foam and my life is much eaiser now. The foam dries in 10 minutes, i have short hair so all i gotta do is squeeze a bit of foam to several spots to several spots and then use my fingers to rub/spread it ocer my entire scalp. I also have to use all over my scalp. I let it dry and then use my hair fibers. By the way which fibers do u use ? I've tried toppik, caboki, nanogen and other random stuff, currently im using just a random local brand.

At night i shower and use and a baby shampoo and apply minoxidil again. In the morning i dont need to wash my hair again since i dont get tons of flakes like i did with the liquid.

I know this is time consuming and sometimes ur wondering why r u even doing all this for... Ive restarted minoxidil just recently and its still early to tell anything, this is why i took tons of pics and if in 6 months i wont see maintenance or an improvement then it will suck big time but at least i know i gave it a shot.
I'm thinking about adding 5mg oral minoxidil as well but only after i have at least 4 months of topical minoxidil to see of i made any progress. I would not recommend ppl to try this tho.

Edit: what concealer r u using that u need so long to scrub it out ?

Reaction score
This is what I'm looking at:

Wake up
Wash off minoxidil liquid from last night (10 mins)
Apply concealer (5 - 10 mins)

Come home
Wash off concealer (15 - 20 mins) - Biggest problem, I have scratch and claw all that sh*t out
Apply minoxidil liquid (5 mins)

It could take longer, but my guess is at least 45 minutes daily.
And this just once a day minoxidil, no way I could do twice. Once again wondering if I should leave out minoxidil and just see what finasteride does, but wouldn't want to miss out on the benefits of minoxidil. Although I wouldn't have to worry about minoxidil making my hair worse as others describe in my last thread, especially as I'm happy with how concealers are working so far. What would you do?

I usually leave the concealer in every 2 or 3 days before a wash. This way it not only reduces the amount of concealer you use, but also prevents excessive hair washing, which I've come to conclude is terrible for your scalp.

Oliver510

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, minoxidil twice a day and concealer every single day. I remember very clearly before minoxidil i never had flakes or barely any visible dandruff and once i started liquid minoxidil i was raining flakes and they were falling all over my long beard and it a pain gRetting them out. I later on switched to the foam and my life is much eaiser now. The foam dries in 10 minutes, i have short hair so all i gotta do is squeeze a bit of foam to several spots to several spots and then use my fingers to rub/spread it ocer my entire scalp. I also have to use all over my scalp. I let it dry and then use my hair fibers. By the way which fibers do u use ? I've tried toppik, caboki, nanogen and other random stuff, currently im using just a random local brand.

At night i shower and use and a baby shampoo and apply minoxidil again. In the morning i dont need to wash my hair again since i dont get tons of flakes like i did with the liquid.

I know this is time consuming and sometimes ur wondering why r u even doing all this for... Ive restarted minoxidil just recently and its still early to tell anything, this is why i took tons of pics and if in 6 months i wont see maintenance or an improvement then it will suck big time but at least i know i gave it a shot.
I'm thinking about adding 5mg oral minoxidil as well but only after i have at least 4 months of topical minoxidil to see of i made any progress. I would not recommend ppl to try this tho.

Edit: what concealer r u using that u need so long to scrub it out ?

I'm using Caboki. I think I'm supposed to apply shampoo first, as I've read that's supposed to cancel the magnetic bind to the hair.