Minoxidil and Black Eyes

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have dark circles around my eyes. I noticed they get really bad when I start taking minoxidil. I have seen threads touch this issue. I do put it on at night so I am afraid some rubs off on the pillow even when dry and then I rub my face on it. It gets really bad pink and black. I know the skin around there is really sensitive. Do you guys think its because of the pillow or just taking the minoxidil in general? And do you guys wash it off after it dries or something? :gay2:

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used to apply Minoxidil twice a day and it made my face look puffy (maybe I imagined that..........)..anyways, I now apply only once a day and it seems like things are getting back to normal...Maybe you can use it once a day and only in the mornings?

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is pretty bad for the skin - ages your face rapidly, and also gives you dark circles like anything. Thats what happened to me.. those sides plus the ever present worry about messing up the heart with long term use (as research shows it affects the heart, plus is a powerful vasodilator) is what made me give it up, despite decent results. If you are in good shape, and are willing to chance it, it can work. Overall, its a very effective hair loss treatment.

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
I had really dark circles from using minoxidil. It took my nearly a year to recover from dark circles, wrinkling and rough skin after I quit the minoxidil.

hairmenow

Reaction score
I've also developed dark circles the last several years. I've been using minoxidil for almost 12 years now. I'm 33. Yeah - there might be a connection, many have claimed so. But can't say for sure if the dark circles are from the minoxidil or other factors. Perhaps we are predisposed to dark circles anyway and the minoxidil exacerbates it.
From what others have said, it seems even keeping the minoxidil properly on your scalp and letting it dry still affects the eyes. Doesn't necessarily need to actually get onto your face.

Any long-term minoxidil users without dark circle issues?

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh it did happen good sir. All I got was this lousy t-shirt. Im on the fence about minoxidil. Because Im seeing hair every square inch of my face and thinning at the hairline, plus I dont want to look like Im tired all the time even if I am. Although my hair does feel stronger with minoxidil.

urbane4u

Reaction score
I used to apply Minoxidil twice a day and it made my face look puffy (maybe I imagined that..........)..anyways, I now apply only once a day and it seems like things are getting back to normal...Maybe you can use it once a day and only in the mornings?
same with me...reduced to once aday..much better

ctulhu

Reaction score
I used to think it was all imagination, but in the last months I experimented with dosage a bit, and for me dark rings under my eye are definitly connected to minoxidil use. When I took a break for about a week I didn't sleep well and drank two nights in a row, and looked pretty ok. Two weeks ago I increased my dosage from 0.75ml foam in the morning and 1ml fluid at night to 1ml foam and 1.25ml fluid and I started getting really dark rings in a matter of days. When I tried increasing my dosage in the past it also exaggerated my eye rings to a level where people commented on it.

So yeah, in my opinion there is a clear connection.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I also belive i got a bit puffy face and darker around my eyeswhen i used minoxidil. The face looks more lean and clean now that i stopped

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
I did post a 9 page debate about it here :

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...-3-Pic-of-minoxidil-dark-circles-inside/page9

Seems either its in your
DNA so your stuffed
Its due to being Asian/Black so we have weaker skin
Or just poor skin/tissue under the eyes
minoxidil, some reduced the doses and it improved

Also to note all these creams and potions and eye exercises people been trying to decades just all went south, the only solution is to stop the big 3 or use make up....

I have stopped the big 3, 3 times in 6 years and yes it helps, but you know its nice to be off all the big 3 treatments and no minoxidil.... just feels normal and natural but I know my hair will fall out and look much worser and ill freak out again and perhaps start reusing it! i am considering a front piece for now or until it looks real bad.