Minoxidil Ageing Side Effects, Facial Sagging And Jowls

usernamealan94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all,

I created this account to specifically seek experience in this. I have used minoxidil (Rogaine) for 3 months in which it really aged my face very seriously, developing sagging skin, jowls and nasolabial folds.

I have been off it for 2 months hoping for some recovery, as I’ve read on this site that a few have been able to recover from wrinkling effects, but so far there seems to have been none.

I am just curious to know if anyone had the same unfortunate side-effects and if there was any recovery over some time? And what you actually did to achieve recovery ?

Anyway, I’m hoping this will be a civilised discussion about this issue, which seems to have evidence that it does occur and is one of the side-effects of minoxidil, even though it is not labelled as one of the side-effects ( maybe the drug company was wanting to cover this side-effect up ? As I’m sure it would have affected sales, to say the least ). And although it may not occur in all people, it can still occur in some. Not everyone will respond to drugs in the same way.

Any response(s) is much appreciated.

Regards,

usernamealan94

Last edited:

usernamealan94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got dizzy. Black baggs under my eyes and wrinkels. Quit the drug and all went back to normal.

Hello Unacknowledged,

Many thanks for your reply to my post. Can I ask how long you were using it for ? And how long it took for your skin to get back to where it was before using minoxidil ?

usernamealan94

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Unacknowledged,

Many thanks for your reply to my post. Can I ask how long you were using it for ? And how long it took for your skin to get back to where it was before using minoxidil ?

usernamealan94

Took it for a couple of weeks. To.get all.back to normal.took.me around 2 months.

GD1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

I’m experiencing the same side effects. Wrinkles, saggy face skin.. darker under the eyes.

I’ve been using minoxidil for 1.5 year and still continuing..

I don’t know if it gets better when stopping minoxidil.. but hasn’t your hair loss gotten worse when stopped minoxidil ?

usernamealan94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

I’m experiencing the same side effects. Wrinkles, saggy face skin.. darker under the eyes.

I’ve been using minoxidil for 1.5 year and still continuing..

I don’t know if it gets better when stopping minoxidil.. but hasn’t your hair loss gotten worse when stopped minoxidil ?

Hello GD1,

Yeah, the hair has stopped growing, but I guess I value my skin more. I suppose it’s down to the individual of whether it’s worth the side effects.

usernamealan94

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lower the dose. Simple as that. Don’t let it build up in your system.