Minoxidil after 11 months

nikhil_korlahalli

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm just sharing my experience and if anyone else has had the same thing going on, your inputs are appreciated!
I'm a 22 year old guy and noticed thinning around 16 or so. Tried oils and supplements and stuff and nothing worked. Finally started using minoxidil last year. Had amazing results for the first 4 months(hair thickened up and I had almost zero hairfall). But after that things started going downhill. There was shedding and all. I've incorporated ketaconazole 2% since a month now and have also started to apply minoxidil twice a day(for 10 months I just used it once a day). I've noticed less hair fall but the density of hair is like ****. You can easily see my scalp. I usually don't have any hair strands on the pillow(hardly 2-3 occasionally) and when I comb my hair, but when I shower I usually have like 15-20 strands of hair.
Also, I only had a receding hairline when I started with minoxidil. So I only applied the minoxidil to my hairline. But after the 4 months I noticed the hair on the top of my head was becoming lesser in density. So I slowly started applying min to the top of my head as well. And now the density of my hair on top has decreased drastically. So do you think minoxidil actually decreased the density of my scalp by making the healthy hair fall out? Should I continue applying it to my scalp or should I just focus on my hairline? I guess I've maintained my hairline but the hair on the top of my head is really freaking me out. My scalp is becoming almost visible now.
Please do provide your valuable inputs. Expecting someone to help me out. Thanks in advance! :)

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
If minoxidil helped your hairline it is not destroying the top of your head. You should start finasteride and keep applying minoxidil.

armin

Reaction score
I've experienced the same thing. seems minoxidil looses its effectiveness after a while.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil does absolutely nothing to slow down the underlying process of male pattern baldness. You see regrowth, but then you lose your hair from that state at the same rate as anyone with male pattern baldness... you need to start finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg daily