Minoxidil 6% ?

Shomi

Reaction score
My story is here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=47167&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40

Now I am looking to switch from my regular minoxidil 5%, and i found on dr. lees site minoxidil 6% that contains 0.1% finasteride.(since i am not using finasteride due to sides i guess it could benefit me a lot?)
So, what are your thoughts about this one, also about topical finasteride?

rcom440

Reaction score
Shomi said:
My story is here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=47167&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40

Now I am looking to switch from my regular minoxidil 5%, and i found on dr. lees site minoxidil 6% that contains 0.1% finasteride.(since i am not using finasteride due to sides i guess it could benefit me a lot?)
So, what are your thoughts about this one, also about topical finasteride?

Why you switching? I thought that minoxidil and nizoral worked for you? Give us an update.

Shomi

Reaction score
Long story short i had great instant success with just minoxidil 5% and ketokonazol 2% shampoo(after 3 months my hair was all grown back) but after that it was only slowly regressing and now after 1.5 year i am thinking adding spironolactone(i dont wanna add finasteride because his side effects) and changing regular minox5% to xandrox5% or maybe this minox6% that contains topical finasteride?

I would very appreciate your help :)

rcom440

Reaction score
Shomi said:
Long story short i had great instant success with just minoxidil 5% and ketokonazol 2% shampoo(after 3 months my hair was all grown back) but after that it was only slowly regressing and now after 1.5 year i am thinking adding spironolactone(i dont wanna add finasteride because his side effects) and changing regular minox5% to xandrox5% or maybe this minox6% that contains topical finasteride?

I would very appreciate your help :)

I see,
You can get side effects from topical finasteride as well.

Shomi

Reaction score
Same as oral? I mean, when its topical it is not getting in to the bloodstream so it is effecting only targeted scalp area (not reducing dht in whole body).
Maybe you thought minor side effects like from minoxidil etc... ?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Shomi said:
Same as oral? I mean, when its topical it is not getting in to the bloodstream so it is effecting only targeted scalp area (not reducing dht in whole body).

Topical finasteride has had a fairly bad history of going systemic. While the danger of that seems to be more prevalent in the case of animals (laboratory test rodents like hamsters, mice, and rats), it's also happened with humans, too, at least to some extent. A study several years ago found that an alcoholic solution of finasteride applied to the scalps of humans had no effect on their balding, despite the fact that it lowered their serum DHT levels by up to 40%.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Shomi said:

Topical finasteride has had a fairly bad history of going systemic. While the danger of that seems to be more prevalent in the case of animals (laboratory test rodents like hamsters, mice, and rats), it's also happened with humans, too, at least to some extent. A study several years ago found that an alcoholic solution of finasteride applied to the scalps of humans had no effect on their balding, despite the fact that it lowered their serum DHT levels by up to 40%.

Im trying the 6% right now...I think I had sides from the 15% solution from Dr Lee

Ive seen studies where topical worked just as good as oral....maybe only due to systematic absorbtion? IDK Im giving it a try again Ill see this week and next if anything feels different. Last time I wasnted to bang everything in site for 2 weeks then I wanted to cry for no reason lol sucked I went on Arimidex and Trib and felt fine after a few days

Shomi

Reaction score
Anyone else tried minox6, some updates, is it safe to use twice a day like they recommend it, maybe it's too much finasteride(2ml=2mg orally taken) ?

Jaeger

Reaction score
I use it in the morning and only experienced sides on my very first day taking it.That was 3 months ago and i have been side free since. I am also on 1.25mg a day proscar and i feel just fine but the only way to see how you react is to start using it yourself. Don't worry you won't be overdosing on 2mg of finasteride.

Shomi

Reaction score
So, did you regrew something or maintained, i see you are on it for 3 moths... Did you have any shed?

Jaeger

Reaction score
I do contribute my small amount of regrowth to minoxidil but it really is hard to tell if it would have been less if using foam or the other liquid.

No sheds as of yet but i really just started this year so i have not experienced that yet.

Shomi

Reaction score
Were you using any other form of minoxidil(minox2, minox5, foam, etc..) before hoping on minoxidil6% ?

Jaeger

Reaction score
Nothing before but at night i used to use Xandrox 15+(which also has finasteride) so i really can't compare it alone and those have been the only two minoxidil products i have used.

Cassin

Reaction score
I don't have much useful to add but I like the 6%. Be happy to answer any questions if anyone has any. If I don't answer shoot me this link to PM to remind me!