Minoxidil 5%+topical Finasterdie 0.1%

Jokerhair:)

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question. If i want to made minoxidil+topical finasteride 0.1% formula its mean i need crash 60 propecia pills in one 60 ml bottle of minoxidil? (Kirkland or rogain). Or im wrong?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question. If i want to made minoxidil+topical finasteride 0.1% formula its mean i need crash 60 propecia pills in one 60 ml bottle of minoxidil? (Kirkland or rogain). Or im wrong?
60 mg of propecia in 60 ml works out to 10% I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_concentration_(chemistry)#Usage_in_biology

In biology, the "%" symbol is sometimes incorrectly used to denote mass concentration, also called "mass/volume percentage." A solution with 1 g of solute dissolved in a final volume of 100 mL of solutionwould be labeled as "1%" or "1% m/v" (mass/volume).

Anyway percentage is irrelevant, what matters is quantity. What dose of finasteride do you want?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
60 mg of propecia in 60 ml works out to 10% I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_concentration_(chemistry)#Usage_in_biology

In biology, the "%" symbol is sometimes incorrectly used to denote mass concentration, also called "mass/volume percentage." A solution with 1 g of solute dissolved in a final volume of 100 mL of solutionwould be labeled as "1%" or "1% m/v" (mass/volume).

Anyway percentage is irrelevant, what matters is quantity. What dose of finasteride do you want?

What % should be efficient? I'm using 5 mg of dutasteride + 15 mg finasteride in 5% at the moment

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What % should be efficient? I'm using 5 mg of dutasteride + 15 mg finasteride in 5% at the moment

I don't know if dutasteride absorbs as a topical.

You don't need both dutasteride and finasteride.

Within a 60ml of minoxidil, if you are taking 2ml a day (the standard dose) you will need dissolve 30 pills of propecia to take the standard dose of that. However, there is good evidence from Japan that 6 pills (one fifth of the standard dose) should give you indistinguishable results. That's the standard dose in Japan.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Within a 60ml of minoxidil, if you are taking 2ml a day (the standard dose) you will need dissolve 30 pills of propecia to take the standard dose of that. However, there is good evidence from Japan that 6 pills (one fifth of the standard dose) should give you indistinguishable results. That's the standard dose in Japan.

Thought duta blocks more and due to its liquid form in soft capsules it's quite easy to mix with minoxidil. finasteride makes the minoxidil quite milky.

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

On the German board we use a 0,025% solution: 15mg Finasteride @ 60ml Minoxidil. Taking 2ml a day. (equals 0,5mg Finasteride daily)

There are others on the German board who apply a 0,033% solution: 20mg Finasteride @ 60ml Minoxidil. (equals 0,66mg Finasteride daily)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the German board we use a 0,025% solution: 15mg Finasteride @ 60ml Minoxidil. Taking 2ml a day. (equals 0,5mg Finasteride daily)

There are others on the German board who apply a 0,033% solution: 20mg Finasteride @ 60ml Minoxidil. (equals 0,66mg Finasteride daily)

Those sound ok.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm using minoxidil once a day, should I double the amount of finasteride? I also started 50mg of daily RU

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score

Hmm. How does that math add up if Hasson & Wong's formula is 2.5% -- 100x more so 150mg Finasteride?

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm. How does that math add up if Hasson & Wong's formula is 2.5% -- 100x more so 150mg Finasteride?
2.5% is overkill... that would be 1.5g Finasteride @ 60ml Minoxidil and 25mg Finasteride @ 1ml Minoxidil.

:eek:o_O

Last edited:

Oro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is company in us they sell this stuff.
Minoxi+propecia

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
15 mg finasteride in 60ml minoxidil... that is a 0.025% Finasteride solution.... equals 0.25mg finasteride per day (1ml per day).

I would either double the finasteride dosage: 30 mg Finasteride in 60ml minoxidil.... that would be a 0.05% solution... equals 0.5mg finasteride per day (1ml per day)

OR leave everything as it is BUT apply 2ml daily! (would also equal 0.5mg finasteride per day)

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score

Hi Maxxorr - interesting, do you know what they are report in terms of

a) Sides

b) Results

I'm thinking of doing similar.

Thanks