Minoxidil 5% Hair Regrowth Styling Gel

resu

Reaction score
Found this new product by Foligain, I've used their liquid minoxidil and was going to order some foam when I saw this. It's expensive at €30 but looks like a good alternative to foam and liquid.

http://foligain.com/advanced-hair-regrowth-styling-gel-for-men

eWMvGOa.jpg

There's a review in spanish on youtube if you want to check it out just search for it. Guy uses it on his beard because he found the alcohol burning reaction annoying so he switched to this gel.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have it.
It is absolutely impossible to apply it on the scalp without filling your hair with it too. And filling your thin hair with gel is the last thing you want to do.

It is good for NW1s who are afraid of hair loss.

resu

Reaction score
I have it.
It is absolutely impossible to apply it on the scalp without filling your hair with it too. And filling your thin hair with gel is the last thing you want to do.

It is good for NW1s who are afraid of hair loss.

What if you part the hair in the middle, apply the gel along the parted line and do a faux hawk? That's how I've always applied minoxidil.

Does it actually work as a styling gel?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
What if you part the hair in the middle, apply the gel along the parted line and do a faux hawk? That's how I've always applied minoxidil.

Does it actually work as a styling gel?
Are you in UE? If so I can send it to you for free, it is a pity is goes to waste.
It works as a styling gel. But it is way too heavy for my thin hair

resu

Reaction score
Are you in UE? If so I can send it to you for free, it is a pity is goes to waste.
It works as a styling gel. But it is way too heavy for my thin hair

Yeah I am, I live in Portugal, if you don't want it I can paypal you the shipping. I can document my experience with it and post photos if I find that it improves my density somewhat.

I'm trying to find something that isn't heavy for use on my crown, pastes and waxes are too heavy, gel is too wet, last thing to try is hair mousse with strong hold so that it holds the comb over.

Have you tried Foligain minoxidil? I found that their liquid solution dries clean and fast. They made a new solution that has low alcohol which is something I really wanted, my scalp handles PG fine but my skin and eyes get irritated with the alcohol, the smell alone annoys me.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I am, I live in Portugal, if you don't want it I can paypal you the shipping. I can document my experience with it and post photos if I find that it improves my density somewhat.

I'm trying to find something that isn't heavy for use on my crown, pastes and waxes are too heavy, gel is too wet, last thing to try is hair mousse with strong hold so that it holds the comb over.

Have you tried Foligain minoxidil? I found that their liquid solution dries clean and fast. They made a new solution that has low alcohol which is something I really wanted, my scalp handles PG fine but my skin and eyes get irritated with the alcohol, the smell alone annoys me.

OK I will PM you with the details in 6-12 hourS.
Never tried folligain minoxidil but I do know their site and the innovative stuff they sell.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is interesting. Recently I switched brand from Rogaine to Minoxidilmax,and find it very sticky once it is dried.
During application, I pull the hairline back for clearance. The hair stays up once Minoxidil dries, so it works almost for styling and you've gotta style as desired immediately after application and before it dries (just like with styling products).
As mentioned above, gel-like styling products could give you a 'wet' look which accentuates the thinness of hair so it may not be ideal. I find that giving it a comb through with a very fine-toothed comb and a quick blow with hair dryer helps making it look flowy again. The annoyance is sometimes it leaves white powdery residue once you comb through it.
I'd be interested to hear more experiences.

resu

Reaction score
@Roberto_72 thanks again for sending these bottles for free! I loved this stuff and I'm going to order more, it takes almost 24 hours to dry no joke! It stays greasy for hours and hours and forget about using it as a styling gel, you would have to use a ton of minoxidil gel since you can't spread it too easily. Big advantage is that it stays in contact with the skin and where you want it, it's great if you have bald patches but it's unusable if you have diffuse hair loss and the side effects aren't pronounced (bloatiness, eye issues, etc), compared to liquid where it drips everywhere and I always get pronounced sides with liquid.

I got considerable regrowth, I applied it by parting in the middle then dropping half a grape of gel then spreading it along the part line after I rubbed it in circles on the crown. It's just regular minoxidil but in gel form, wished we could replicate the gel part using regular Kirkland liquid.

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do they have minoxidil food, minoxidil clothing, minoxidil furniture? o_O

resu

Reaction score
25$ on eBay.

They also have a minoxidil shampoo hmm...

Damn, nice deal for people in the US!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foligain-M...696425?hash=item1c97225ee9:g:rtAAAOSw401aACPW

I wouldn't use the shampoo, the supplement, trioxidil or other gimmicks, the gel in my opinion is the best minoxidil formulation if you have bald or thinning spots where you can apply it and leave it there for at least 4 hours before rinsing it. Doesn't have perfumes or other stuff, it's just minoxidil but in gel form, it smells a lot to alcohol though, much more than liquid minoxidil.