Minoxidil 5% for 8 months...still loosing hair :(

balin

Reaction score
hi guys. this is my very first post. i appreciate all the help i can get.

I started loosing my hair when i was about 16. Now im 22 and have been using Minoxidol 5% for the las 8 months. I was stopped worying at firts cuz i really expected it to help me...but i have recentlly began to worry a lot because i have noticed that im still loosing a lot of hair. I have naturally greasy hair (just to let u know) and have noticed that i dont have much hair on the side of my head eather (hadnt really paid much attention to that.

I was thinking about using propecia but i am really afraid of the side affects....ive heard that it can also cause depression and im already kinda prone to that.

can u guys tell me what u think? here r some pics that i took today

thanks for everything

DSC00238.jpg

vertex
DSC00236.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

balin

Reaction score
it's funny but all those little hairs on my hairline are really not visible in person....i only notices them on the picture.

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're still losing a lot of hair and you're nervous about Propecia, I'd suggest looking into topical DHT inhibitors (spironolactone, Revivogen, Eucapil, etc.). Their effectiveness differs from person to person (there's no guarantees with this hair loss stuff!), but think about giving them a try. You might also want to look into Tricomin, as some people here have suggested it's helpful in decreasing shedding. Do some research, ask around, look at the costs, and go from there.

Good luck!

Sean68

Reaction score
theres nothing to be nervous about. id really advise you to think about finasteride
first and then if you do get sides (you wont) then look into the topicals but
could you really be bothered to put all that stuff on you head every day
when you could just swallow a tablet?

balin

Reaction score
thanks guys. i guess ill see a dermatalogist as soon as possible...i think my mother goes to one very often for facial care..ill have to make an appointment to see if she puts me on finasteride.

ill let u guys know what;s up . thanks a lot.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Balin most derms know jack sh*t about m.p.b.

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
I would get on propecia asap while your hair's still not too bad

I know they say give minoxidil a year, but you might be the same as me - a non-responder. I used minoxidil for 2 years with nothing else and my hair just kept falling and falling :(

balin

Reaction score
thanks a lot. i guess ill give it a try to see what happens. i'll see if i can get a prescripcion somewhere. hopefully that wont be hard