Minoxidil 2% works, 5% does not

tal17

Reaction score
Sup all,
I've mentioned in previous posts that I used a regimen from Hair Club called EXT tha was working for me (was using Propecia with the EXT regimen and I still am today). This a included 2% minoxidil topical solution. Now, I've been told that the only thing that was helping me with my hair problem was the 2% minoxidil and the other stuff does nothing to help regrow hair/stop hair loss. Since then, I've been on 500 Standard Minoxidil 5%, 65 mL from Xandrox, Revivogen, spironolactone every few days (only in front hair line area), and Nizoral every 3 days.

Is there any reason why the 2% minoxidil from EXT/Hair Club would work for me and the 5% not? I've been using the 5% solution for about 3 months now and I've noticed that my hair line has receeded some. And I'm not just imagining this.

Could the 2% from EXT/Hair Club have contained extra ingredient(s) that the 500 Standard Minoxidil 5%, 65 mL does not?

Thanks

Britannia

Reaction score
If you stopped the Propecia then that would account for the increase in hair loss. Did they acutally tell you Propecia was a waste of time?

SE-freak

Reaction score
Most probably, the 5% minoxidil shed was more noticeable and left your temples exposed for a while.

Minoxidil results are dose dependent. The more minoxidil, the more regrowth- if you are a responder.

tal17

Reaction score
Sorry... I should have been more clear. I was not told by anyone at Hair Club that Propecia does not/would not work. In fact, they were thinking of incorporating it as apart of their EXT system. No one has ever told me that Propecia is not worth trying.

I have not stopped using Propecia. I have missed using it for a day to three here and there. But I've been most consistent with it. Need to go refill today actually.

Anywho.... I was a responder to the 2% minoxidil while I was using EXT/Hair Club system. But I stopped using EXT when they upped the price. Then I tried a few other products until I got to my current regimen. Which is Revivogen, Nizoral, 5% minoxidil and 5% spironolactone. There was a 2-4 month gap when I was not using minoxidil or any "known" DHT inhibitors and/or growth stimulants. During that 2-4 month time is when I stumbled across this website and read about Revivogen plus some other products here in this forum (which is how I found http://www.xandrox.com).

So, basicly, my question is this: Since I seemed to respond well to the 2% minoxidil (not sure if the other products of the EXT system did anything to help), should I be responding to the 5% minoxidil? Or since I had that 2-4 month gap, would that have "killed" the effectiveness of minoxidil for me completely?

Thanks all for your help :)

SE-freak

Reaction score
No, you should respond even better to the 5%. Be consistent from now on and do not worry about the 4 month gap.