miniturization with shedding.. ?

jeffsss

Reaction score
Is it a bad sign that the hair you are shedding is very fine? is it normal for those to go first when your going through a shed?

incubusor

Established Member
Reaction score
Its a bad sign if that hair grows back even thinner. Its a good sign if it grows back thicker.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
When will you get it through your thick skull that there is no answer to these types of questions? For some it may be a good sign since they are not shedding thick healthy hairs.

I am going through an awful shed and it was preceded by a period where I was shedding mostly fine crappy hairs. Now I am losing tons of good hairs only from the top front area. Could I have predicted this based on what was happening back in October? Of course not. What is going on with your hair today can in no way be used to predict what will be going on in the future.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Dinzy said:
When will you get it through your thick skull that there is no answer to these types of questions? For some it may be a good sign since they are not shedding thick healthy hairs.

I am going through an awful shed and it was preceded by a period where I was shedding mostly fine crappy hairs. Now I am losing tons of good hairs only from the top front area. Could I have predicted this based on what was happening back in October? Of course not. What is going on with your hair today can in no way be used to predict what will be going on in the future.

It all depends on whether you are using the full range of effective or partly effective treatments. You cannot rely on just one or two products and expect constant maintenance or progress etc. the hair has cycles and its ups and downs and you may have to experiment with many combinations and diets etc. If my regimen looks daunting, at least it is getting me somewhere, at last.
Boru

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
incubusor said:
That isn't true. Check the success stories, many had success with Propecia / Nizoral.

What I am saying is true for me, and perhaps many others. Propecia is finasteride, which is a big part of my regimen, but not everyone gets results on finasteride alone. nizoral also helps, probably, but there are many other helpful treatments which are worth a try.
Boru