Minimal Masturbation To Slow Hair Loss

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Controversial topic, I know.

I've come to the conclusion that hair loss is multifactorial. Additionally, your genes may not have the same factors that contribute to hair loss as another's genes. Some men smoke and lose their hair, some don't. Some experience hair loss when they shift their diets, some don't. Some men jack off daily and stress their endocrine system. A common factor here is stress on the body. Limit masturbation to limit some of this stress, if you are genetically prone to it. I believe many are.

This is not a nofap movement post or related to religious ideology. This is coming from my own anecdotal evidence, when I masturbate I notice shedding. I've also done light research on the topic and from my understanding, DHT levels in your body goes up following masturbation.

Interesting how my sex drive was reduced on finasteride. I consider it a piece of a grand puzzle. Cheers all, happy searching.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/135817

D96

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would also like to know, I'm open to nofap or less fap having something to do but there's no evidence of it. Just anecdotes, and anecdotes are not evidence.

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most benefits from nofap seem to plateau rather quickly. At least for me. I am never also sure whether whatever I am experiencing is real or just my imagination. I did it a while back so I am trying to remember, but I think I did notice less shedding back then. Actually overall everything was good, mentally, emotionally and physically. Like I said I felt great for around the first few weeks despite the initial frustrations, like you are on top of the world and that it's actually working, as if you found the panacea, but then it started going downhill. Anyway I think from the studies I have read, initially testosterone goes up (which is good coz DHT apparently kicks in when testosterone is not doing it's job well) but then goes back down so scientifically nofap has no basis. Would be nice to hear of actual success stories restoring hair from nofap, before bothering again with it.

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to say it depends. Do you already have a low sex drive? Then no fap may not help. If you have a high sex drive and you no fap, I think it may make it worse. You start feeling stressed,etc. When you feel stressed and cortisol builds up, I firmly believe it's a precursor to triggering anything bad we may be prone to genetically.

INT

Reaction score
Yo I'm doing this, day 4 and already my hair feels way thicker. I went on a rollercoaster and in the picture, my hairline actually looked like a hairline rather than some thinning abiguous mess. Although I doubt you could regrow hair this way. I was a chronic masturbator when I was young, from 12-15 there was probably only 3 or 4 days where I did not masturbate, sometimes I did it upwards of 7 times a day. Not healthy. I blame reddit.

Even on the strongest regimen know to man, your hair will not be thicker in just 4 days...

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the biggest load of crap I've heard in a while. Anybody going for this needs to get real realize that it's finasteride n minoxidil to a lesser extent. That's where it begins n just about ends. No fap indeed.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For me, i used to do it daily, but now... its confusing because i have tried to minimize how much i do it too at least once a week and i swear im still losing hair by the week. it hasn't slowed or anything to the point i am wondering whether its worse when i don't do it.

And oddly my sex drive is abit lower then it used to be to the point where i CAN go a few days without doing it. somehow that doesn't help either.

My hair is at its worst these days.

INT

Reaction score
Kids everywhere are balding these days. I'm in high school and some people here genuinely have NW2.5 and up. One kid has no hair on his head anymore, NW3 probably, went to a doctor, got told it was natural, no alopecia, no disease, nothing. He had a full head of hair beginning of freshmen year and it went slowly.

It's either something in our diets, or masturbation. When I masturbate I notice increased hair shedding. I have naturally fine hair to begin with combined with naturally high DHT levels (My dad's welsh hair genes with my mom's italian testosterone genes, I'm guessing) So I am very suspectible to DHT. Obviously I am a unique case but if someone is masturbating 3 times a day (which I know many people that do) then it would definitely, DEFINITELY have an impact on your hair. And once the follicles are choked they don't grow back, which explains why many kids are prematurely balding.

My hair is significantly thicker when I get off of masturbating. I notice a slight improvement day 1 of no masturbation actually, then by day 5 it's about as thick as it gets. I have yet to achieve anything longer than 10 days.

Orgasm does give an influx of testosterone, nearly doubling it for a few hours after. Prolactin levels counteract this, so the testosterone can't be used. When your body can't use that testosterone you can bet your *** it gets converted to DHT. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ac1c/a282237622d2839eac12fa601c44786237a3.pdf

The study you posted does not provide evidence for the conclusion you drew yourself. Also, they used 10 monkeys...

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kids everywhere are balding these days. I'm in high school and some people here genuinely have NW2.5 and up. One kid has no hair on his head anymore, NW3 probably, went to a doctor, got told it was natural, no alopecia, no disease, nothing. He had a full head of hair beginning of freshmen year and it went slowly.

It's either something in our diets, or masturbation. When I masturbate I notice increased hair shedding. I have naturally fine hair to begin with combined with naturally high DHT levels (My dad's welsh hair genes with my mom's italian testosterone genes, I'm guessing) So I am very suspectible to DHT. Obviously I am a unique case but if someone is masturbating 3 times a day (which I know many people that do) then it would definitely, DEFINITELY have an impact on your hair. And once the follicles are choked they don't grow back, which explains why many kids are prematurely balding.

My hair is significantly thicker when I get off of masturbating. I notice a slight improvement day 1 of no masturbation actually, then by day 5 it's about as thick as it gets. I have yet to achieve anything longer than 10 days.

Orgasm does give an influx of testosterone, nearly doubling it for a few hours after. Prolactin levels counteract this, so the testosterone can't be used. When your body can't use that testosterone you can bet your *** it gets converted to DHT. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ac1c/a282237622d2839eac12fa601c44786237a3.pdf

You are clueless. Slight improvement day 1 of no masturbation, thick in day 5..... Please educate yourself on hair cycle, there is absolutly no way there's a noticeable difference in your hair after 5 days. Do you realize how stupid it sounds ?

You want to prove something and you don't even understand the basics, even though your theory is insanely stupid, what kills you is that your trying to prove it the retard way with ridiculous statements based on biased subjective observations.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shut the f*** up idiot, my hair is slightly thicker after 5 days of not masturbating. That’s my experience. You can’t disprove it. That’s not even related to the “hair cycle”, once the DHT is removed from the scalp it can easily repair itself and thicken in 5 days. I’m talking mainly about the hair around the hairline and temples, where my thinning is.
Yes it's true i went from nw7 to nw2 with stopping of masturbation.

INT

Reaction score
Shut the f*** up idiot, my hair is slightly thicker after 5 days of not masturbating. That’s my experience. You can’t disprove it. That’s not even related to the “hair cycle”, once the DHT is removed from the scalp it can easily repair itself and thicken in 5 days. I’m talking mainly about the hair around the hairline and temples, where my thinning is.

No. But I am happy for you if you believe it yourself:).

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He can disprove it. I will. The hair strand grows, on average, about 1.25 cm per month. This means in 5 days, the hair follicles, in the anagen phase only, grew ~0.208 cm. So, you're telling me you felt the 0.2 cm increase with your hand? Haha, nice.
This is an example of why you shouldnt 100% believe anyone on the net.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not saying I grew new hair, I’m saying my existing hairs got thicker
Yeah I know. But your dead hair strands cant simply get thicker. We are trying to talk you to the truth. You cant simply get thicker hair in 5 days.
Back in the days, when I stopped beating my meat for a few days, I noticed shedded hair to be less in the shower, but it may be pure coincidence.
Stopping masturbation is not a treatment. It may help a little bit, as conversion of T to DHT increases after masturbation, it shouldnt drastically accelerate hair loss, unless you're beating your sh*t 24/7.

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Your experience is worthless, you are not being objective. Lmfao, take a minute to think about the balding mystery being unsolved for ages and you, who convinced yourself you solved it by not jerking off. Are you severly mentally disabled to think this way or did i miss something ?

I’m not saying I grew new hair, I’m saying my existing hairs got thicker

Ok so even when rational arguments are given to you, you do your best to not understand it.
When @baba_yaga talks about 0.2cm in 5 days to disprove your little experiment, he doesn't speak about new hair. He is talking about the existing hair strands on your scalp which have grown 0,2cm longer after 5 days.

Let me make it simple to you, so you can understand how simple you are :

Let's take an hair strand, with a length of x cm at day 0. At day 5, length = x + 0,2 cm. Hopeless if you don't get this part.

What we are trying to tell you is that removing DHT won't make the "x" part thicker as it is already grown out from the hair follicle. This is why treaments take time to work, otherwise finasteride would make your hair thicker in few days. Which is not the case, it takes months until the thicker part is fully grown out and replace the weak part of the hair strand.

The only part who could get thicker is the one who grew in a sane scalp without DHT after you stopped jerking off, we are talking of the 0,2 cm part of the hair strand. And you are stating that your hair feel thicker, based on this 0,2cm part, which can't be perceived even if it is real because it is way too insignificant even if you have a buzzcut.

Anyone can disprove your experience with rational arguments, don't go there because disproving it actually proves you are stupid since you are way too convinced by your interpretated result when it is way too delusionnal for us to not make fun of it.

But disproving your experience is not useful again, as it tries to proves something obviously wrong. Stopping masturbation doesn't stop androgenetic alopecia. Douchebag.

Really if you take time to educate yourself on a problem that apparently concerns you to a deep level, to understand the mechanism behind and to bring a scientific approach to your little test, then i shouldn't have to incinerate you again like that :/

Last edited:

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your experience is worthless, you are not being objective. Lmfao, take a minute to think about the balding mystery being unsolved for ages and you, who convinced yourself you solved it by not jerking off. Are you severly mentally disabled to think this way or did i miss something ?

Ok so even when rational arguments are given to you, you do your best to not understand it.
When @baba_yaga talks about 0.2cm in 5 days to disprove your little experiment, he doesn't speak about new hair. He is talking about the existing hair strands on your scalp which have grown 0,2cm longer after 5 days.

Let me make it simple to you, so you can understand how simple you are :

Let's take an hair strand, with a length of x cm at day 0. At day 5, length = x + 0,2 cm. Hopeless if you don't get this part.

What we are trying to tell you is that removing DHT won't make the "x" part thicker as it is already grown out from the hair follicle. This is why treaments take time to work, otherwise finasteride would make your hair thicker in few days. Which is not the case, it takes months until the thicker part is fully grown out and replace the weak part of the hair strand.

The only part who could get thicker is the one who grew in a sane scalp without DHT after you stopped jerking off, we are talking of the 0,2 cm part of the hair strand. And you are stating that your hair feel thicker, based on this 0,2cm part, which can't be perceived even if it is real because it is way too insignificant even if you have a buzzcut.

Anyone can disprove your experience with rational arguments, don't go there because disproving it actually proves you are stupid since you are way too convinced by your interpretated result when it is way too delusionnal for us to not make fun of it.

But disproving your experience is not useful again, as it tries to proves something obviously wrong. Stopping masturbation doesn't stop androgenetic alopecia. Douchebag.

Really if you take time to educate yourself on a problem that apparently concerns you to a deep level, to understand the mechanism behind and to bring a scientific approach to your little test, then i shouldn't have to incinerate you again like that :/

Thank you for that! It's funny when people mention they thickned up their hair in a few days. It's like they don't understand how hair grows! Unless it's some artificial fiber powder you sprinkle on your head and gives the illusion of thicker hair, it just doesn't make any sense!

INT

Reaction score
My hair around the temples feels thicker and my hairline looks denser now when I stop masturbating. I’m not going to stop saying this because it is true. I might make a before and after pic for you guys, how it looks masturbating 3x a day vs 5 days abstaining

No one is telling you you are not allowed to think that it is thicker. We are just saying that it is physically not possible for it to actually be thicker. But sure, show us pictures if you are so confident that you are right.

LifeSucks5008

My Regimen
Reaction score
Controversial topic, I know.

I've come to the conclusion that hair loss is multifactorial. Additionally, your genes may not have the same factors that contribute to hair loss as another's genes. Some men smoke and lose their hair, some don't. Some experience hair loss when they shift their diets, some don't. Some men jack off daily and stress their endocrine system. A common factor here is stress on the body. Limit masturbation to limit some of this stress, if you are genetically prone to it. I believe many are.

This is not a nofap movement post or related to religious ideology. This is coming from my own anecdotal evidence, when I masturbate I notice shedding. I've also done light research on the topic and from my understanding, DHT levels in your body goes up following masturbation.

Interesting how my sex drive was reduced on finasteride. I consider it a piece of a grand puzzle. Cheers all, happy searching.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/135817
Think it in reverse order doooood....
It's not due to masturbation..
It's due to excess DHT in bloodstream.
When DHT amount is increase...you will basically gap a lot.