Minimal Effective Dose Of minoxidil Aka Rogaine?

morpheus29

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently had a hair transplant and I eventually want to start using minoxidil, but I don't really want to use it 2x a day ED, what would be the MED that would yield some benefit but not risk any sides?

Thank you!
M

morpheus29

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bump for help, I guess my question is as follows:

Is once a day effective?

What about once every other day?

morpheus29

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once a day is almost as effective. but don't use it EOD.

Why not? Genuinely curious.

I've had a hair transplant and will likely be NW1, but I just want to have a gameplan if the hair transplant isn't thick enough.

Would EOD f*** with my hormones too much or what?

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil does not f*** with your hormones. It just needs to be applied once or twice a day to be effective. Are you also on finasteride btw?

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently had a hair transplant and I eventually want to start using minoxidil, but I don't really want to use it 2x a day ED, what would be the MED that would yield some benefit but not risk any sides?

Thank you!
M

Ask your hairtransplant doctor if he can prescribe you a low dose of oral minoxidil.
You should try nizoral twice week also.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As the above poster suggested, a low dose of oral minoxidil is something you could consider. It is definitely more effective than topical minoxidil, due in part to the fact that topical minoxidil's efficacy is dependent upon your body having enough of a specific enzyme that varies considerably between different people, while oral minoxidil does not depend on the amount of this enzyme that you have in order to work effectively. I've just obtained some oral minoxidil myself. I plan to take it at 1.25mg a day, possibly going up to 2.5mg after a few months if I find I can tolerate the lower dose okay.

Last edited: