miniaturization instead of shedding...

hans

Established Member
Reaction score
While on propecia, have anyone noticed hair miniaturization moreso than just a pure shed. I swear I see hairs that taper along the shaft (not just the root portion) to the roots and it loses pigment too. I've never noticed this before taking propecia which ive endeavored for 7+ months. I took it for my receeding hairline and did not notice a diffuse thinning pattern or miniaturization pattern at all. Now I'm seeing these hairs and it really worries me. I feel more comfortable if it's just a shed, knowing that so many people on this board expreicnce it and have great results, instead of miniaturized hairs...

Btw, I sincerely hope I dont scare anyone off finasteride. It is a great treatment and many people swear by it. I am just wary of being one of the very few that can possibly have an adverse effect by it.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had the same thoughts before and wondered if Propecia is having an adverse effect. I don't think it does though. I think it will either work for you or won't. I don't believe it makes your hair worse.