Mild rant and apologies!

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. I'm sure that I caught you all off guard on this one. By "swishy" I refer to the effeminate (though I don't put down these guys)actions and the obvious overtones which point out a gay guy. My Doctor recently shared with me when we were talking about the past election and why the gay vote was not more represented, that he feels the percentage of gay guys is much higher than the "experts" are letting onto. His quote was 16-20%. The reason that I mentioned 30-40% is because right now there's ALLOT of guys that are coming out as gay and they've been married for a while. In fact, most of the guys are professionals and have or are experiencing the empty nest syndrome. No, it's not that they were being deceptive in their marriage, rather it's because there is more acceptance of the gay lifestyle than before. Ok, so my percentage may have been a bit high. But, it still is higher than 2-3% which some hard right-wingers would like us to think.

G

Greg1 said:
Ok guys. I'm sure that I caught you all off guard on this one. By "swishy" I refer to the effeminate (though I don't put down these guys)actions and the obvious overtones which point out a gay guy. My Doctor recently shared with me when we were talking about the past election and why the gay vote was not more represented, that he feels the percentage of gay guys is much higher than the "experts" are letting onto. His quote was 16-20%. The reason that I mentioned 30-40% is because right now there's ALLOT of guys that are coming out as gay and they've been married for a while. In fact, most of the guys are professionals and have or are experiencing the empty nest syndrome. No, it's not that they were being deceptive in their marriage, rather it's because there is more acceptance of the gay lifestyle than before. Ok, so my percentage may have been a bit high. But, it still is higher than 2-3% which some hard right-wingers would like us to think.

I don't think its 30-40% but to be honest it really isn't an issue with me anymore.

I have several 'gay' friends but I don't like to refer to them as 'gay' friends as I feel it is not necessary to do so. They are my 'friends' and that's it. It's the same as constantly referring to a people in your social circle is my 'black' friends or my 'blind' friend or my 'pygmy-bisexual hermaphrodite' friend.

I made myself laugh then, now that's quite rare......