Microscopic View Of Temples, Using Derma Roller(2x A Week) With Minoxidil

faisal161

Reaction score
I have started this tread on behalf of my brother(suffering from male pattern baldness) He has started using (since first week of feb 2018) derma roller(1.5mm ) on my advice 2 times a week , with minoxidil 5% , 2 times a day. He is not using anything else except a sulfur soap to wash his scalp 2x weekly . 5 months ago he dropped using minoxidil because of severe itch and dryness on his scalp. He has also dropped using 1mg finasteride a year ago ( which he used for a couple of months) he doesn't tell me why he actually dropped finasteride, ( may be due to hormonal side effects he might be having) . being reluctant due to the itchi i had to convince him to start using minoxidil again with derma roller, i was thinking of adding 5ml bimatoprost in his minoxidil can anyone advice on that? or any-other advice to improve the outcomes. I have attached a picture as an update 1 , i will update fortnightly . i am using a digital hand held microscope to take pics.The picture is of the left temple( i choose this region because it has only 2 terminal hair so it will be easy to track any recovery in this region, and its easy to identify this spot in microscope for follow up pics) these small black-brownish bumps are wounds due to derma rolling , which were not there before.

Attachments

• S20180204_0001.jpg
    S20180204_0001.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 1,413
Last edited:

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We appreciate your work. Deffinitely i will follow topic because i am on minoxidil+dermaroller+finasteride+keto combo and no worries... my english suck balls to but whatever, its not grammar forum since we are stomping on the same sh*t like hairloss is :)

faisal161

Reaction score
We appreciate your work. Deffinitely i will follow topic because i am on minoxidil+dermaroller+finasteride+keto combo and no worries... my english suck balls to but whatever, its not grammar forum since we are stomping on the same sh*t like hairloss is :)

faisal161

Reaction score
BTW stachu how is your experience with your regime so far ?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy with 75% :)

Thick and solid NW2, slowly going to NW1.5 lane

last 25% are temples... Hell.. they dont want recover, but they were always destroyed. Hairline does great imo, But i started to care about temples a bit more. Maybe in half year of stimulating them they will pop up finally :) But in overall, nobody would ever point me out that i am balding or whatever... so far so great

faisal161

Reaction score
Good to know that you are recovering .... Wish you good luck for your temples, and your candida

Happy with 75% :)

Thick and solid NW2, slowly going to NW1.5 lane

last 25% are temples... Hell.. they dont want recover, but they were always destroyed. Hairline does great imo, But i started to care about temples a bit more. Maybe in half year of stimulating them they will pop up finally :) But in overall, nobody would ever point me out that i am balding or whatever... so far so great

faisal161

Reaction score
UPDATE 1:
Sorry i couldn't update on fortnight, as i am going through some job crisis, its a 20th day update now, the picture attached to this post compares the image of same spot of left temple 20 days apart, sorry that i couldn't capture the image at same angle (its hard to find the same spot again under a microscope) but to help in observing the progress i have highlighted the noticeable hair change in image with colored circles the red circle is the terminal hair which i used as reference for taking pics, the blue circle has a brand new hair in it :) which was not there before , the hair in yellow circle got increase in length, hair in green circle got increase in dia and an additional new hair as well , the cyan circle got 2 new hair .. wow ... and some hair shed in pink circle( i hope they will grow back thicker) .. do share your thoughts on the results .. my bro missed a week of derma rolling , and for some days he could use minoxidil for only single time a day ... thanks for your time :)

Attachments

• update 1.png
    update 1.png
    718.2 KB · Views: 936
Reactions: DKC

DKC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed post, the microscope pictures are great. Keep updating us!