Microneedling Photo Results Summary

HowardWulkan

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're welcome!

This too will probably become stale - but hopefully we can keep it up as a community. This was exhausting btw! o_O

Yeah this looks like it took a sh*t ton of work

Well I sure as hell intend to take progress pics, and with the same hair length every time (though obviously that won't be for a while since I haven't gotten my derminator 2 in the mail yet and apparently it can take up to 3 months to ship here :O )

Oh just fyi, i think the before/after photos for /u/LOGIC1841 are both the same image.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@HowardWulkan - Thanks - I have fixed that now.

@Pigeon - Exactly. I thought about collecting the ton of written anecdotes as well - though had to focus on the photos.You're right though - for every set of photo results - there's lots ofpositive info coming from a lot of folks in text. Don't want to ignore the fact it is early, there are also many people responding with 0 results so far too.

As I did the collecting for this thread - I found there were 250+ users from the main needling thread that volunteered to be needling as a part of their regimens (that have *not* posted photos). Whether inspired by that thread, or that came out of the woodwork to say "Yep I've been doing this too". I recorded all their handles/names as well - so might consider doing a roll-call in the large thread if they want to post some results, photo or text observations.

Last edited:

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scott Nali via YouTube.com

Regimen Details: Derma Roller 0.5mm - 1 X per week, Topical Mixture Daily (Saw Palmetto/Pumpkin Seed Oil/Castor Oil/Stinging Nettle/Peppemint), Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse prior to Needling and also Paula's Choice Scalp Exfoliator prior to needling (leave on for 10 mins before rinsing off and then needling)

Source: The Bald Truth - Dermaroller 3 Month Test and Tutorial

3 Months Results:

I was going to comment how microneedling only seems to work if used with minoxidil until I saw this case. So that dude only used a 0.5 mm roller and no minoxidil and got that kind of result??

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With all the evidence for microneedling now and considering how cheap and easy it is to use is there any reason to not be on it? I'm serious I think everyone on this forum should be dermarolling. Its the only thing we have to fight hair loss that has zero side effects.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you keep this updated I will just link to it from now on lol, great job

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great job putting this together. This must have taken you quite some time to do this! In your research. Did you come across any pics of success with microneedling without minoxidil or finasteride? Thanks man

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@tomJ - GOMI on the first page of the Top Responders. He used a buttload of crazy topicals, supplements, etc. o_O

MyThinningConfidence also on the Top Responders got a lot of re-growth with microneedling. He is on finasteride now, but if you go follow his story - he has good photos of his needling only progress.

Then there is that YouTube guy mentioned above - Scott Nali. Just rolling + essential oil topicals basically.

I'm sure there is more. @Bill_Russo has a good handle on some of the legacy needlers who might have done needling only?

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow this is great! Anyone have links to great dermalens/rollers? When I look on amazon I’m finding all types varying from $30-200 lol any links would be greatly appreciated!

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard of a guy who stopped his hairloss (and even regrew some hair) by standing on his head 2 minutes every day