Microdosing on finasteride - Updates?

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently my topical solution only has .1% percent Finasteride in it. Certain generic Propecia (oral 1mg Finasteride) caused me to
really itch. And I itched all over, it was really bad. But other generics didn't cause any issues. I think it's what is packaged with the
medication. Not all brands are equal.

Care to tell us which brand caused the itch?

And as for the topical finasteride, I thought you need finasteride to go systemic to work? Since it works by blocking 5AR instead of DHT itself.

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well i got good hopes for microdosing, as for now at least. I upped from (28/3/2016) 0.04 to (6/5/2016) 0.08.
The following week my nads hurt like hell. To the point where it was difficult to ride my bike :shock:. After about a week it went away again.

Currently i do not experience any sides anymore, i am feeling pretty good overall. After five years of a sore scalp, it finally feels consistently normal, even to the touch...
Before when i laid a finger on the vertex area, i would get a glowing sensation and it would plainly start to hurt. I have been doing this finger test obsessively for the past 3 years now i guess. Only Nizoral would soothe it for a couple of days. You can imagine i'm pleased about this.

In terms of regrowth or maintenance, i have no idea what the above means. I will have to wait and see.
The shedding that started after getting on finasteride seems to be slowing down too now. I started shedding 100+ hairs a day, mostly wispy hairs, now it is withing the range of 10-20 and contains less wispy hairs.

Rayan27

Reaction score
Updated1. I bought a 70% drink, an empty 50ml glass bottle with measured dropper, and a 10ml syringe. Basically i put 20ml of the booze into the bottle and add powder from a 1mg finasteride pill, crushed with a little spoon. Now if you take 0.8ml you got 0.04mg of finasteride :).2. Its too early to see improvements hair wise, but that my male pattern baldness itch is gone seems promising.Thats a nice shade of red btw, looks like B01C2E
How do you get 0.8ml with a 10ml syringe? Why do you have the measured dropper and the 10ml syringe.Please for the love of god keep us posted, even If i can slow down hairloss with 25% i will take that with a victory if it gives me minimal sides.If all goes well, I will probably try this experiment in a month or 1-2 to keep this thread rolling posting my experiences.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want less than a 70% reduction in DHT, you can do things that raise DHT, or raise 5-alpha reductase.
How?
What products? And how can you make sure that the dht reduction goes from 70% to 50%

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Rayan,

I see you are from the same country, check my private message.

alrefai

Reaction score
brain fog

How common is brain fog from finasteride? I already have struggled with brain fog (due to other medical reasons) but improved over the years, it was not fun :freak:.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How common is brain fog from finasteride? I already have struggled with brain fog (due to other medical reasons) but improved over the years, it was not fun :freak:.

In the clinical trials, all side effects from finasteride occur less than 2% of the time, but there's a lot of evidence that these are underestimated.

I've only briefly perused propeciahelp forums, but it seems some people cure their brain fogs with special diets.

Rayan27

Reaction score
What would be a good dosing schedule?
Taking 0.05 every 5 days to prevent stacking up of finasteride?

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would be a good dosing schedule?
Taking 0.05 every 5 days to prevent stacking up of finasteride?

FYI, the dosage is based on the graphs of the previous pages. It was measured after 42 days (it includes the buildup), hence i take it daily.

Rayan27

Reaction score
FYI, the dosage is based on the graphs of the previous pages. It was measured after 42 days (it includes the buildup), hence i take it daily.

Thanks for your Pm by the way! Very helpfull. Also did you have any sides earlier with Finasteride?

- - - Updated - - -

Also the reason I asked is because of this:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/81749-My-research-on-low-dose-finasteride/page4

Saying it takes longer before same dht inhibition is achieved, but it will eventually

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah the hardest part for me is how do you actually get a smaller dose of finasteride going smaller then 4 pieces short of making a liquid solution? I really dont want to go through hassle in theory for the rest of my life while I take it

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I split 1mg into 4's (they aren't exact.) Then split the 4's again = 1/8

Then I attempt to split the 1/8 again to get 1/16. It isn't even with a pill cutter, but add that to the day interval I give between taking 1/16th mg doses, and it can't be off by that much. I haven't had any side effects (The ones I had on 0.25 EOD) so far.

Rayan27

Reaction score
Guys let not let this thread die over the weeks/months like so many others. Keep posting how long youve been at it and if you start to notice sides

- - - Updated - - -

I split 1mg into 4's (they aren't exact.) Then split the 4's again = 1/8

Then I attempt to split the 1/8 again to get 1/16. It isn't even with a pill cutter, but add that to the day interval I give between taking 1/16th mg doses, and it can't be off by that much. I haven't had any side effects (The ones I had on 0.25 EOD) so far.

Which ones did you get?

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the hardest part for me is how do you actually get a smaller dose of finasteride going smaller then 4 pieces short of making a liquid solution? I really dont want to go through hassle in theory for the rest of my life while I take it

Yes, dunking one or two pills in a small bottle of alchohol once a month is a real hassle :p. tying my shoes takes longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your Pm by the way! Very helpfull. Also did you have any sides earlier with Finasteride?

Also the reason I asked is because of this:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/81749-My-research-on-low-dose-finasteride/page4

Saying it takes longer before same dht inhibition is achieved, but it will eventually

Yes i am aware of that thread, but i don't think it makes sense? This would render the near flat response rate to flat (over time) which goes against the japanese 0.2/1mg study result. David says that difference is statistically negligible though.

Dutasteride works by the same mechanism as Finasteride? This should mean it is true for dutasteride also.
When we look at the graph below the inhibition on smaller dosages show no upward trend over time.

ScreenShot2013-06-13at32235PM_zpsaea0c3b0.png

MicroDoser

Reaction score
Been taking it for about 11 days now at .05 ED with an ethanol solution.
Some notes:
For the first 9 days, I noticed that my itch was gone and there were no sides.
Two days ago [on day 10/11], I noticed that I wasn't getting random erections anymore, which I have no qualms about. However, I did noticed that my erections were about 40-30% weaker. It's hard to get it up without any stimulation, but with p**rn, I can get it up. As for getting up with my gf, I'm not sure yet as won't be seeing her until two weeks from now. That being said, I'm tempted to take .05 on monday wednesday and fridays as opposed to ED, but I feel like it's too early to quit taking it everyday as it is a known fact that the sides do get better.

Thoughts?

Rayan27

Reaction score
Been taking it for about 11 days now at .05 ED with an ethanol solution.
Some notes:
For the first 9 days, I noticed that my itch was gone and there were no sides.
Two days ago [on day 10/11], I noticed that I wasn't getting random erections anymore, which I have no qualms about. However, I did noticed that my erections were about 40-30% weaker. It's hard to get it up without any stimulation, but with p**rn, I can get it up. As for getting up with my gf, I'm not sure yet as won't be seeing her until two weeks from now. That being said, I'm tempted to take .05 on monday wednesday and fridays as opposed to ED, but I feel like it's too early to quit taking it everyday as it is a known fact that the sides do get better.

Thoughts?

1.Take ZMA, works great for random boners/morning erections. Even throughout finasteride I still had morning erections with ZMA despite the sides.
2. Cut out all p**rn for the time being, or severely reduce it. If you need to fap, use/stimulate with fantasy.
3. Why not try twice a week? One single dosage of 0.05 reduces dht for 5 days...
4. Body needs to adjust, takes about 4-8 weeks to adjust or so depending per person

MicroDoser

Reaction score
Yeah, I do plan on cutting out p**rn as of right now, but it's sometimes so concerning when I cant get it up with just fantasy, so I end up impulse masterbating with p**rn- it does get up, granted, it took about 30-45 seconds and the erections were not as hard. However, you're right, p**rn ought to be cut out if I want to perform.
I remember taking ZMA back when I stopped taking my regimen of 1.25mgs and crashed [this happened on january], but it's hard to tell if it worked for me or not as
a. it was a crash, so I was MUCH more tired and worn out than usual, and
b. I was taking a whole cocktail of supplements in order to perform, that being maca, l arginine, and zma.
I'm going to revisit this once I'm back from vacation though, as everyone seems to say that zinc is the way to go when it comes to helping the sides. L arginine was just a pain to take though as I needed to swallow so many pills [3 per serving!?], but I wouldn't be opposed to a regimen of maca and zma.

Rayan27

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan, what about reducing the dosage to .05 twice a week? In theory it should hold up, reducing 50% DHT...maybe something to keep in mind if in a few weeks you are still in the same position.

If not, lets keep our fingers crossed Hasson and Wong liposomal device can actually pull through...blocking DHT at follicle level without going systemic