Micro-sessions Of 200 Grafts At A Time

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
When it comes to FUE for diffuse crown thinners, wouldn't be wiser to do multiple micro sessions of only 200 grafts at a time? Basically, if you did lets say 4 micro sessions over the course of a week for a total of 800 grafts wouldn't the survival rate be higher and the shock loss be lower if you only did it a bit at a time?

First thing that comes to mind is that 24 hours after the first 200 grafts your scalp would be a little swollen so inserting new grafts would be more difficult. In addition, you would have to get four consecutive days of anesthesia and I am unsure the body would like it.

dr. cole

Reaction score
All I can give you is anecdotal evidence. I never studied this. When we began doing FUE in earnest back in 2003, we often did sessions of 500 grafts a day on three patients. I often worked on patients for a week or more and often hit numbers up to 13,000 over 7 days (a combination of body and scalp). I feel that those who do one or two days of surgery seemed to get consistently better results than those who did multiple days of surgery. Unless I am doing beard on one day and scalp on another day, I'd prefer to do all the grafts on one day. Swelling has nothing to do with the equation. My feeling is anecdotal and not scientific. I see no reason to do 200 grafts per day.

It's not like our multiple day surgeries did not respond well. Most did. Single or two day surgeries are just a feel for me. I would not recommend any more 5 day procedure nor beyond to my patients.