Micro Needling Making Hair Line Worse

Boston222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive been on minoxidil twice daily foam application for 3 years, and been using 1mg oral minoxidil daily for about 6 months. 1 month ago I started micro needling my hairline with a pretty professional derma pen (derminator) at 1.5mm depth once per week. However, my hairline has never looked worse. Ive experienced more shedding than ever and I swear my hairline has receded like crazy and thinned in the temples.

Is this normal or should I stop micro-needling? Ive only completed 4 sessions so far but I can't really see a heap of new hairs coming through, and my hairline just seems to get worse with every session. Has anyone else experienced similar results and should I be alarmed?
Any input or advice is appreicated
Cheers

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can definitely make things worse before they get better.. keep going is all you can do.

jazz1

Reaction score
You should be using 1mm for the scalp, the 1.5mm is for wounding and in general micro needling can cause more absorption hence shedding.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not that microneedling is making things worse, it's just that it isn't enough. It's not as miraculous as people make it seem.
Start using finasteride.

Boston222

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not that microneedling is making things worse, it's just that it isn't enough. It's not as miraculous as people make it seem.
Start using finasteride.
Yeh Finasteride dorsnt really agree w me unfortunately. Currently trying to find a way to incoorporate an antiandrogen, any suggestions? Do u think its worth still microneedling? Im only like a month in so interested to see if its too early to see full benefits

jazz1

Reaction score
Yeh Finasteride dorsnt really agree w me unfortunately. Currently trying to find a way to incoorporate an antiandrogen, any suggestions? Do u think its worth still microneedling? Im only like a month in so interested to see if its too early to see full benefits

How comes? You tried Topical Finasteride? As that’s what I use when oral gave me side effects, see this video.

Check my thread:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have definitely tried and experienced side effects with finasteride I suggest trying RU. I don't think topical finasteride would be any different. You should keep needling though as it's still doing something, but it's just not enough.

Boston222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just an update for anyone wondering. Ive continued derminator treatments once a week at 1.5mm depth and am seeing great success. My hairline is back to baseline and I have a lot of new terminal hairs now noticeably poking through along hairline. I believe the initial loss was potentially from initial shock, micro needling too deep (1.75mm), and/or dieting too aggressively at the time of starting- resulting in hair loss all over scalp. Ive also added in ashwagundha to reduce cortisol levels to potentially prevent further stress related shedding. Cheers everyone will update again if changes

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just an update for anyone wondering. Ive continued derminator treatments once a week at 1.5mm depth and am seeing great success. My hairline is back to baseline and I have a lot of new terminal hairs now noticeably poking through along hairline. I believe the initial loss was potentially from initial shock, micro needling too deep (1.75mm), and/or dieting too aggressively at the time of starting- resulting in hair loss all over scalp. Ive also added in ashwagundha to reduce cortisol levels to potentially prevent further stress related shedding. Cheers everyone will update again if changes
Yo great to hear this man! Good luck on the journey, and do look into topical finasteride. It is true that it goes systemic to a decent extent but a lot of users that get sides from oral for some reason don't get them from topical. RU/CB are also good options if you are afraid of PFS, the sides you get from those always seem to be temporary. Unless your heart stops with RU, or HPA axis shuts down with CB. Ok i probably made it worse lol.

krishnann

My Regimen
Reaction score
Micro-needling is way more painful. You can try supplements instead of these painful treatments.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Supplements? What secret uber-supplements are you taking? I dare you to say biotin
Nah bro, i am not trying to sell anything butttt follow my link to this online store and check their revolutionary supplements that will give you all your hair back with 0 side effects, see first results within months!!!!