Miconazole Nitrate And Essential Oils (castor, Cedarwood, Peppermint, And Rosemary)

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Continuing a side thread here from Tyler's miconazole topic. I started his miconazole regimen with great results in the last 4 months and added essential oils in the last 3 weeks with what seems to be added improvement. I'll post pics once a month.

Here's the gist.

I've been using the miconozole nitrate now for 4 months with good results.

Began here at this site in 2002 at the age of 26 and I'm 41 now. (Note: My original username was lost when I changed my email address and wasn't on this site from 2004 until now). My thinning has been diffuse in the temples and have never had issues in any other area. Made huge gains and maintained it for 10 years.

Temples are sh*t now but rebounding again. I took some pics last night and will post here later.

Here's my current regimen:

Finasteride 1.25 mg daily (since 2001)
Rogaine 2x daily (since 2003)
Nizoral shampoo every other day (since Nov 2016)
Capasal shampoo every other day (since May 2017)
Miconzole Nitrate every day at night (Since May 2017)

Added in July:

S5 Plus Cream 1x daily at night
Saw Palmetto 1x daily 1500 mg
Quality fish oil 1x daily
Vitamin D 10,000 IU 1x daily
Astaxanthin 1x daily
Rhodiola 1x daily
Ashwaganda 1x daily
Pantothenic acid 1x daily
Biotin 1x daily

Added 3 weeks ago:

Mixture of castor oil as a medium with 2 drops of peppermint oil, 2 drops of rosemary oil, 2 drops of cedarwood oil. Applied every other night to thinning areas. We'll see if it works, but damn...this application feels great on my scalp.

Notes: I was using the Nizoral regularly with the finasteride and minoxidil for 10 years with really really good results. I stopped using the Nizoral because of the cost. Huge mistake. I wish I'd never had stopped using it. I got back on the Nizoral last November regularly. Went through 7 months of a gradual shed. Started the gains again with the addition of the miconozole nitrate and Capasal shampoo like Tyler.

What I've noticed. The minoxidil does not have the same effect with my hair that it once did. When I began to add other growth "helpers" that's when the gains have started again.

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow ur hair looks awesome. You've been on finasteride for 16 years and regrew for 10? Did u lose for the last 6?

Have u suffered any side effects from finasteride like anxiety, depression, or anything else?

How many times a week do u use nizoral, 3 or 4? Is it the 1 or 2% version?

How do u apply miconazole and s5 cream both? I imagine it's quite messy.

What are the ashwaganda and rhodiola for?

What dosage of biotin r u on?

Thanks

No side effects from finasteride since beginning in 2001.
Nizoral 1% 3-4 times a week
I usually apply the S5 then the miconazole right after one another at night. It's messy but I use it at night.
Ashwaganda and Rhodiola are supposedly good for stress and mood. Not sure how well they work but I do feel better since starting them. Better focus and concentration. It's easier for me to maintain a pretty clean diet.
Biotin at 10,000 bcu's or whatever. It's one tablet per day.

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are the pics from the day I started the essential oils in September.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 787
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 962
Last edited:

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are the pics from a month later. As of tonight. I can see where I'm getting results. I think the pics show that as well.IMG_0064.jpg IMG_0065.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 729
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 1,080
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 767

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any diffuse thinning or only receding ?

I had diffuse thinning in my temples at age 23. It wasn't a slow recession. I have not had any other loss in any area.

So, is that because of genetics or because of my regimen? I don't know. I do know that I have been consistent in the last 14 years. Except for the 2 years recently where I stopped taking the Nizoral.

vr_the_doctor

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had diffuse thinning in my temples at age 23. It wasn't a slow recession. I have not had any other loss in any area.

So, is that because of genetics or because of my regimen? I don't know. I do know that I have been consistent in the last 14 years. Except for the 2 years recently where I stopped taking the Nizoral.
that's amazing!, would you might have pics when you started your hair loss treatment (when you were 26)?

how much have you maintained?

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
that's amazing!, would you might have pics when you started your hair loss treatment (when you were 26)?

how much have you maintained?

I've maintained quite a bit. It's all perspective. To me, it's been too much. But from a realistic point of view, I've been very very fortunate.
I'll see what I can find from way back in 2002-2003. I doubt it'll be much more than a general picture...but who knows.

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's the thing, too. Very few people who have success stick around on forums. I know I didn't. Once I saw my results from the big 3, I didn't visit here. So from 2003 or 2004 until a few months ago. This forum helped me save my sanity. At the same time, it harbors a lot of fear and negativity. Personally, finasteride has been a godsend to me. And no side effects.

Whatever the case, find a regimen, stick to it, and don't give up.

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's the thing, too. Very few people who have success stick around on forums. I know I didn't. Once I saw my results from the big 3, I didn't visit here. So from 2003 or 2004 until a few months ago. This forum helped me save my sanity. At the same time, it harbors a lot of fear and negativity. Personally, finasteride has been a godsend to me. And no side effects.

Whatever the case, find a regimen, stick to it, and don't give up.
sooo many years and still no cure or better treatment :confused:

under_a_mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still at it. Here's the 3 month (give or take) pics.

Attachments

• 2017-11-15 19.45.05.jpg
    2017-11-15 19.45.05.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 646
  • 2017-11-15 19.44.10.jpg
    2017-11-15 19.44.10.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 677

phamboy24

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You hair is amazing for a 41 years old man!

How did your hair look like before your regimes?