michael's story - (34 y/o diffuse thinning w/ photos)

nineinchnails

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I had blood work done last month and got my results back last week. I attached photos of the results (sorry I don't have a scanner and was too lazy to type them). Anyway, everything was normal and the only thing he mentioned could be an issue was stress, which I told him I do have issues w/ stress/anxiety, but at the same time I have been losing my hair slowly since 18, so I don't think stress is an issue.

The reason he thought stress could be a factor was because my Cortisol and DHEA levels were both high. It was one of those things where I was hoping something was wrong, but it looks like I'm healthy and I guess this is just the pattern I will lose my hair in and I just have to do the best I can to fight it. At least I now can cross out hormones/thryoid etc. as the cause. If you read my initial post you will see why I wondered if it was something other than male pattern baldness (I have diffuse thinning pretty much all over my scalp).

So if anyone has an opinion on my results I'd love to hear it. The Dr. said he would prescribe Avodart if I decide I want to go that route. I now have to decide what to try next. I am currently on 1.25mg Finateride and thats pretty much it, save for some supplements. I was also using Nizoral 1% for the last few years, but I stopped it the last 2 months as I wasn't seeing the benefit.

So what do you guys think? As mentioned earlier in the thread I haven't take Minoxidil yet. Should I try Rogaine foam, Avodart, Nizoral 2% (which I used to use until I heard 1% was just as useful)? I feel I need to "step it up" so to speak, but I'm also a conservative person, so I do have worries about the sides of Avodart and of the possible shedding due to the Minoxidil.

The last thing I'd really like to do is have a scalp/hair analysis and see if I have a scalp condition (which I know I do, just need to be diagnosed and treated). So if anyone can recommend a Derm or any Dr. who would be able to analyze my scalp, please let me know. I haven't been able to find one as most Derms are a waste. I'm in NYC, but am willing to travel.

thanx in advance,
michael

Attachments

• 3333.jpg
    3333.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 765
  • page2-2.jpg
    page2-2.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 723
  • page111.jpg
    page111.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 737

RaginDemon

Reaction score
stress wont cause male pattern baldness, it might trigger it though.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Take w.e. treatments u want but like i tell every diffuser for ur own sanity...shave ur head. I got prob the dopest head shape but I still rock it man...like the great stifler said...rock out with ur c*** out hang out with ur wang out.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
MacAttack said:
Take w.e. treatments u want but like i tell every diffuser for ur own sanity...shave ur head. I got prob the dopest head shape but I still rock it man...like the great stifler said...rock out with ur c*** out hang out with ur wang out.

stifler is da man! lol