Michael84's Story

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to all people who have a rotten hair luck of posting at this forum.

My story in short:
I am 25 years old right now. I noticed a loss of hair on my frontline and a little spot on the vertex when I was 21. At that time I was not bothered by it and did nothing to cure it, just had to fix my haircut more often during a day. I didn't make any special pics or measurements of that baldness at that time because I didn't care. Now 4 years have passed and I finally got really annoyed by thinking about how my hair looks everytime I put off my hat or when wind blows etc... To tell you the truth, I don't see essential changes of my baldness since the age of 21. Approximately, it remains the same or maybe it added several millimetres back.
It is also a pity for me to see this because my father is not bald and the father of my mother is not bald too. But the second grandfather was bald, unfortunately, so I have all chances to become bald too.
What I do to improve the situation:
I take vitamins that contain zinc (Zn) and other metals because these are very important in hair growth. I do mustard hair masks after washing my hair 2 times a week to increase the blood flow in the skin of the head. And now I use only shampoos or soaps that contain mostly natural ingridients. I've been doing that for about a 1.5-2 months now but I have some slight improvements: my hair became a little thicker, it grows faster and I was told that the vertex became more dense. Well, these changes are very small and I don't think it will help me a lot.
That is why I decided to try some meds like minoxidil and nizoral shampoo. I don't want to go for propecia or finasterid or anything that influences my hormones... yet. At least my fear of baldness is not that big yet.
I want to ask you to give me an advice what trademarks and companies I should trust, how much % should be in these medications (2%, 5% or more)... and anything that can help me to regrow some hair or, at least, save what I have now.