Message for all of you

Rapunzel

Reaction score
Hey girls! Reading all these other posts in this forum, and hearing all your stories has really meant a lot to me. So i just wanted to share my story and share my thoughts. :)
I'm 20 years old (soon to be 21 yay!) and I have been losing my hair since I was 15. My hair is very very thin, and quite noticable to others. I work with young children and often get stares and questions like "what happened to your hair" and "why are you bald". This doesnt make me very happy! Some days are just harder to go through than others. Sometimes I just want to hide in my room away from everyone including myself.
I know that a lot of you can identify with how I feel sometimes. But ladies, we have got to change our attitudes about this. It's bringing us down, and life is too short for this BS.
We've got a nasty problem to deal with, but it will only make us stronger. It is so hard to see, but you've got to believe that this is happening to you for a reason, and it's making you a better person. And although when you look in the mirror all you see is the lack of hair on your head, just remember when you walk out that door and present yourself to others they see so much more...your smile, your eyes, your grace, your personality....DONT TAKE THESE THINGS FOR GRANTED, for they are far more important than your hair. Don't let the gloom of hair loss overshadow everything else about you!!!! Put it in perspective! I'd rather be losing my hair than dying of AIDS , having my face scarred by burns, living in Baghdad, losing a loved one, i could go on and on.
We are so lucky girls, so so lucky!

I wish you all the best in your battle of getting your hair back. I know it is hard. Just keep the faith, dont stop trying. :D

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Attitude

Right on, Rapunzel! :D
You are very wise. You may be almost 21, but you are very together. Hair loss in women comes as a huge shock. I don't think many of us thought it would ever happen. But, sometimes I think obsessing about hair loss may hinder hair regrowth.
Thank you for your thoughts...and insight. I hope I remember to re-read this the next I'm having a "bad hair" day :!: :wink: :!:

Moon

Reaction score
But ladies, we have got to change our attitudes about this. It's bringing us down, and life is too short for this BS. We've got a nasty problem to deal with, but it will only make us stronger.

Rapunzel

Your attitude is great. I am 52 and its taken me 6 years to get to the awareness you talk about. I finally just shaved my head as I couldn't stand having just bits and pieces of hair. It is actually quite liberating
:D 8)

[quote:e3fcf]And although when you look in the mirror all you see is the lack of hair on your head, just remember when you walk out that door and present yourself to others they see so much more...your smile, your eyes, your grace, your personality....DONT TAKE THESE THINGS FOR GRANTED, for they are far more important than your hair. Don't let the gloom of hair loss overshadow everything else about you!!!!
[/quote:e3fcf]

I couldn't have stated it better. Thanks for sharing :wink: