Mesotherapy For Hair And The Visit At The Dermatologist

Besart

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yesterday I had a visit with a dermatologist for hair loss(she is mostly for taking care of women skin) . She had a very good tool for diagnosing skin. She made some examination to my hair and this computer said I'm Norwood 2.

She gave me some multivitamin pills and anoxidil (since minoxidil had given me some headache before).

When I asked her for finasteride, she didn't suggest it and she said most men get side effects (which I disagreed and I told her that Merck says 2% and she seemed a bit surprised here and that surprised me too :p) but anyway.
And she told me that if minoxidil gave side effects, finasteride will too (how is this related tho?)

She said to me to continue some mesotherapy thing for my hair which she will do it (it's 3-4 sessions).

Do you guys know anything for this mesotherapy? Should I listen to her?

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Huuuge bullshit!
i used to do it when i first noticed hair loss
Some doctor just wanted took advantages of my weakness to get more money ! i lost precious month doing this sh*t instead of proven treatment

Besart

My Regimen
Reaction score
Huuuge bullshit!
i used to do it when i first noticed hair loss
Some doctor just wanted took advantages of my weakness to get more money ! i lost precious month doing this sh*t instead of proven treatment
Haha you think so?
So to jump on finasteride you say?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol what. minoxidil gives u side effects > finasteride will aswell? Does she realize that they are two completely different medications?
If you want to keep your hair an anti androgen is necessary... If you accept the potential side effects that could occur why not just jump on it.. can always stop raw turkey if something happens.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
stopped reading at "she".

Besart

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol what. minoxidil gives u side effects > finasteride will aswell? Does she realize that they are two completely different medications?
If you want to keep your hair an anti androgen is necessary... If you accept the potential side effects that could occur why not just jump on it.. can always stop raw turkey if something happens.
Yes that's what I thought too. Thanks for answering

Besart

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have seen some of the best determatologist possible and they didn't do jack sh*t for my hairloss problems, except offer me a sales pitch for "the latest transplants (PRP therapy)" ; or wanted to pump me up with medications.

Diet problems= Hair problems

Check your diet

Just one of the many "so called" hair experts that I have seen:

http://uhealthsystem.com/doctors/profile/95360

b**ch couldn't do sh*t for me as well, and she is supposedly a "worldwide" expert in this field
Yes I think I won't consider that mesotherapy thing. We would hear it more often if it was successful

Besart

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that's what I thought too. Thanks for answering
Before meeting with this dermatologist, I had a visit with another dermatologist.
I guess she had more information in hair field. Her wall was full of certificates.
She didn't have this advanced diagnostic tool tho.
And she said that the side effects of finasteride is better not to mention because they happen so rarely. So she gave me green light for it hehe.

But I guess I'm too pussy