Men Recommend A Salon In UK For Hair Systems

theeasylife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I’m looking for my first hair system and would like some advise on a good place to go? I’m in the West Midlands but don’t mind travelling.

Ive done some research on where to go e.g. videos, forums but I’m feeling a bit lost to be honest.

Ive found this place called Neuhair4men which looks interesting but I’m still not sure.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Smidgeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey mate,

Can't say much about that company but I did use them. It's just a franchise thing, but the salon I went to was good. I went to the one below in Leamington Spa. Paula, the lady who runs the salon was really nice. And the guy who cut my hair was lovely and did a really great job. Plus it was a nice Salon in a nice area.

A salon is great to get you started if you are feeling lost and not sure how to start or what to buy, and not yet up for doing it yourself.

I had to wait a few months for my appointment, but that was simply because blonde wasn't in stock. They did my hair on a Monday, when the salon was closed, so it was just the three of us there. Just bear in mind that one salon unit is about the same cost as two or three stock units you could buy on the internet. But as a total beginner, it is probably your best bet. If for no other reason that at least they will 'Friar Tuck' you, which you can then measure and be then able to order your own units online.

That said, if you've money to burn then there's nothing wrong with going to the salon each time. Not sure where in the West Mids you are but there was a NH4M in Brum, I think. But I do highly recommend Paula in Leamington.

Geiko - Salon

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I’m looking for my first hair system and would like some advise on a good place to go? I’m in the West Midlands but don’t mind travelling.

Ive done some research on where to go e.g. videos, forums but I’m feeling a bit lost to be honest.

Ive found this place called Neuhair4men which looks interesting but I’m still not sure.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Would recommend Mike down in Bristol (search hairreplacementstylist). He does custom systems and all you have to do is send him a template, a sample of your bio hair & some pics and he does everything else. He's got TONS of experience and does everything himself (sources the systems internationally though). When you buy a system from him he also responds to any questions over whatsapp (when he gets time) and has sent me personalised tutorial vids. His systems require a steeper learning curve than some of the others (less so if you have an unexposed hairline and use all tape) but the results are amazing. I haven't been wearing these systems for too long but in my short time I can say I would recommend an unexposed hairline with all tape for your first month at least. Once you are more familiar with things you can always change. For me personally the difference in look is stark and went for an exposed hairline right away and am working through some of the challenges. Like anything in life, you can have pretty much anything you want just depends how much you want it!

Smidgeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with Mambovipi about that vendor. Never used him but watched all his vids and he seems like a great guy. I've only ever read good things about him so he is deffo worth a try matey and you don't even need to go visit him as he can do everything via video calls and post.

Check out his vids

Youtube vids of Mg Ford

Reaction score
I've not worn a system yet but have been researching lately via YouTube (I notice some companies dont allow comments on their videos which puts me off them). Hair4all London are worth a look in my non expert opinion. The people who work there wear hair themselves and they come across well in there vids. Also, as above MG Ford is a wearer too and deffo worth a look. Good luck!

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've not worn a system yet but have been researching lately via YouTube (I notice some companies dont allow comments on their videos which puts me off them). Hair4all London are worth a look in my non expert opinion. The people who work there wear hair themselves and they come across well in there vids. Also, as above MG Ford is a wearer too and deffo worth a look. Good luck!
I was deciding between the two but the direct access to Mike did it for me. Also check this out:

The expensive advertisement campaign may look good but all that glitters is not gold!

Wyldbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would recommend Mike in Bristol too. I bought my first ever system with him a few weeks ago. It’s a bit of a trek for me (living in Northumberland) but totally worth it! Like a few others have said he can help you with a template and just visit him when he has your system ready to cut in. Not cheap, but you pay for what you get .

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would recommend Mike in Bristol too. I bought my first ever system with him a few weeks ago. It’s a bit of a trek for me (living in Northumberland) but totally worth it! Like a few others have said he can help you with a template and just visit him when he has your system ready to cut in. Not cheap, but you pay for what you get .
Exactly the first system is always going to be the most stressful part of this whole process. Having someone highly experienced on hand was extremely valuable for me. Also I always favour small businesses. Plus he deals in some kind of swiss lace custom systems which, although requires a bit more TLC, have the most realistic results which is what was important to me. Mike is a no BS kind of guy, has tons of experience, making the initial process very easy and delivers on whatever he promises. The thing that makes this all a little tricky is the products and exact solution for attachment seems to be very personal. Unfortunately the only real way to find what works FOR YOU, is to experiment so just bear that in mind.