Men Perceived As Younger, More Attractive After Hair Transplant For Baldness

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-08-men-younger-hair-transplant-baldness.html#nRlv

Men perceived as younger, more attractive after hair transplant for baldness
Does how much hair a man has matter in how he is perceived? The answer is yes, according to a new article published online by JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery.

A survey by Lisa E. Ishii, M.D., M.H.S., of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, and coauthors suggests men with androgenetic alopecia (pattern baldness) who underwent hair transplant were rated by observers as more youthful, attractive, successful and approachable. All those factors can play a role in workplace and social success.

The authors surveyed 122 people (about 48 percent of whom were men) and participants were asked to rate 13 pairs of images. Seven men in the pictures had hair transplant and six men who did not have hair restoration served as controls for comparison.

Limitations of the study include its small population and study design.

"These findings are relevant in building an evidence-based body of literature surrounding the efficacy of hair transplant in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia [androgenetic alopecia]," the authors conclude.

More information: JAMA Facial Plast Surg. Published August 25, 2016. DOI: 10.1001/jamafacial.2016.0546

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actual study
http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamafacialplasticsurgery/fullarticle/2544827

Nov/Dec 2016
Perception of Hair Transplant for Androgenetic Alopecia
Kristin L. Bater, BA1; Masaru Ishii, MD, PhD2,3; Andrew Joseph, MD, MPH3; Peiyi Su, BA1; Jason Nellis, MD3; Lisa E. Ishii, MD, MHS1,3,4
Article Information
JAMA Facial Plast Surg. 2016;18(6):413-418. doi:10.1001/jamafacial.2016.0546

Key Points
Question Does hair transplant improve casual observer ratings of age, attractiveness, successfulness, and approachability in men treated for androgenetic alopecia?

Findings This randomized controlled survey of 122 participants indicated that men who underwent hair transplant were rated as appearing significantly more youthful, attractive, successful, and approachable.

Meaning This study represents a pilot effort to contribute to an evidence-based body of literature to support the efficacy of hair transplant in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia.

Abstract
Importance Hair transplant is among the most common cosmetic services sought by men, with more than 11 000 procedures performed in 2014. Despite its growing popularity, the effect of hair transplant on societal perceptions of youth, attractiveness, or facets of workplace and social success is unknown.

Objectives To determine whether hair transplant improves observer ratings of age, attractiveness, successfulness, and approachability in men treated for androgenetic alopecia and to quantify the effect of hair transplant on each of these domains.

Design, Setting, and Participants A randomized controlled experiment was conducted from November 10 to December 6, 2015, using web-based surveys featuring photographs of men before and after hair transplant. One hundred twenty-two participants recruited through various social media platforms successfully completed the survey. Observers were shown 2 side-by-side images of each man and asked to compare the image on the left with the one on the right. Of 13 pairs of images displayed, 7 men had undergone a hair transplant procedure and 6 had served as controls. Observers evaluated each photograph using various metrics, including age, attractiveness, successfulness, and approachability. A multivariate analysis of variance was performed to understand the effect of hair transplant on observer perceptions. Planned posthypothesis testing was used to identify which variables changed significantly as a result of the transplant.

Main Outcomes and Measures Observer ratings of age (in number of years younger) and attractiveness, successfulness, and approachability (on a scale of 0 to 100; scores higher than 50 indicate a positive change).

Results Of the 122 participants in the survey, 58 were men (47.5%); mean (range) age was 27.1 (18-52) years. The initial multivariate analysis of variance revealed a statistically significant multivariate effect for transplant (Wilks λ = 0.9646; P < .001). Planned posthypothesis analyses were performed to examine individual differences across the 4 domains. Findings determined with t tests showed a significant positive effect of hair transplant on observers’ perceptions of age (mean [SD] number of years younger, 3.6 [2.9] years; P < .001), attractiveness (mean [SD] score, 58.5 [17.5]; P < .001), successfulness (mean [SD] score, 57.1 [17.1]; P = .008), and approachability (mean [SD] score, 59.2 [18.1]; P = .02).

Conclusions and Relevance Men were perceived as being younger and more attractive by casual observers after undergoing hair transplant. Participants also rated posttransplant faces as appearing more successful and approachable relative to their pretransplant counterparts. These aspects have been shown to play a substantial role in both workplace and social success, and these data demonstrate that hair transplant can improve ratings universally across all 4 domains.

resu

Reaction score
CWT376q.jpg

Correction "...but you meet a fullhead". He should get an hair transplant and get on meds.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Prince Williams is the big if, everyone points out how he used to look young and how his face changed, if he did an FUE hair transplant would be curious to see how much younger he would look.

he should go for it

strong nw6 donor. he could get decent combbover coverage

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Elite British men don't care about their appearance the way the rest of us do.

Do a Google search on Tony Blair's teeth.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"HUMANS CONSIDERED MORE INTELLIGENT THAN DOWN SYNDROME RATS" Study Say... why is every one just posting super obvious, depressing bullshit here? (no offense David ;) )

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
"HUMANS CONSIDERED MORE INTELLIGENT THAN DOWN SYNDROME RATS" Study Say... why is every one just posting super obvious, depressing bullshit here? (no offense David ;) )

The measurement is that a full head of hair makes you look four years younger.

Let me know how that number is obvious.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The measurement is that a full head of hair makes you look four years younger.

Let me know how that number is obvious.

here - I am balding and 34. I look like I am 38. If I had a full head of hair, I would look 30. so, a full head of hair does not make you look four years younger, rather EIGHT years younger.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
here - I am balding and 34. I look like I am 38. If I had a full head of hair, I would look 30. so, a full head of hair does not make you look four years younger, rather EIGHT years younger.

No.

You look ~36, if you got an hair transplant you'd look ~32.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Christ. I wonder if William ever sees any of these gifs? Surely he owns a computer... Anyway, if I had a gf and caught her looking like that at another dude in my presence, she'd be out the door quicker than you can say 'norwood f*****g cemetery'.

why is your avatar of a 12 year old girl?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score