Member's take on smoking

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We always read stories of smoking affecting blood circulation and causing problems with hairloss etc.

And we all know people who smoke like chimneys with a thick full head of hair, but what is the general consesus on here of smoking and maybe those on Propecia who smoke.

Have any of you who have maybe given up smoking recently seen a drop in hairloss, or no difference, and have any of you stopped when they started on the drug? I may have to stop just to afford Propecia!

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a billion reasons to stop smoking. But hair loss is probably not the best one.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Esprit said:
We always read stories of smoking affecting blood circulation and causing problems with hairloss etc.
I have heard people say that smoking increases hair loss by constricting blood vessels, but personally, I don't buy it! :)

Esprit said:
And we all know people who smoke like chimneys with a thick full head of hair, but what is the general consesus on here of smoking and maybe those on Propecia who smoke.
Smoking is bad for you, and definitely won't help with hair loss. As to whether it exacerbates male pattern baldness, I would say that there's a possibility?

Esprit said:
I may have to stop just to afford Propecia!
I know what you mean! The price of a pack just went up to $9 here in Seattle! It's fair to say that I won't be buying them anymore....

jhart

Reaction score
I was a chain smoker, I stopped shortly after I began my regimen 3 months ago. I'm not trying to advertise but I stopped from the help of a book called "Allen Carr's Easy Way" it killed my need for cigarettes. I instantly stopped and have not had a craving to this day.

fallout2rocks

Reaction score
I too smoked for 11 years before I quit, figured I might as well as get myself started on some hairloss treatment. As it turns out, I now sleep better, I breathe better, my hard-on is better (no joke!! :punk: ) , I no longer cough my damn lungs out, and coupled with treatments and the love of this forum, I got "some" of my hair back! :innocent:

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
if male pattern baldness is in your genes then youll get it either way. no need to add insult to the injury by depriving yourself of smoking lol

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mixed of bag of answers, thanks guys.......

Yeh, the one that comes up the most is contricting blood vessels etc adds to hair loss.

To be honest, I would find it very hard to quit, but on the other hand if someone told me your hair will grow back and stop falling out if you stop smoking, I'd quit in a millisecond. I think we all would. But we all know the truth

The Propecia is £1.00GB per day... and cost wise ridiculous unless it's going to work!

The average pack of ciggys here in the UK now is over £6.00... sigh