Melatonin For Hairloss Clinical Study To Support It

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol yeah but I’m confident a person could get about half of those ingredients in the amount the clinical studies advice to for in a single topical. Your right though, the extracts and herbs would be a pain in the @ss to break down. Any percentage of oil that you put in water needs just as much polysorbate 80 to emulsify.

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to add my 2 cents to this thread on topical melatonin.

But first, I am 55M, started losing hair at 16.

2 years ago started taking 0.25 mg finasteride. A year ago added dutasteride and Oral Min.

I am an NW7 and over the 2 years, I have noticed some regrowth on my crown, but hairline has not improved.

So progress has been painfully slow.

I have been realistic from the start, and I knew that if I was to start to regain some lost hair, I would first see it by a diminishing number of hairs lost when I rub my hands through my hair.

On top of losing most of my hair from the top, I have also experienced significant thinning on my sides.

Just running my hands through my side hair I would typically get 30 to 50 hairs per day, just on one side.

No treatment I have ever tried has in any way reduced this loss from the sides.

But about a month ago I noticed an old bottle of liquid melatonin that I purchased for some purpose (not sure why) over the past 2 years.

So after previously trying topical min, topical finasteride, estro, spor, CBD oil, LLLT, microneedling, et al to reduce lost hairs specifically from my sides, I gave liquid Melatonin a go.

Results?

Well, this is not a scientific study, so I can’t claim cause and effect, but the day after I applied liquid Melatonin on both my sides, I have only been able to drag out 2 hairs in my repeated hair pull tests over 2 weeks.

This is the first time in almost 40 years that I have run my fingers through the side of my head, and have seen no hairs in my hand.

I have applied this liquid 4 times in 2 weeks, but this cessation in hair fall out still remains.

It may be worth someone repeating this to see if results can be replicated.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to add my 2 cents to this thread on topical melatonin.

But first, I am 55M, started losing hair at 16.

2 years ago started taking 0.25 mg finasteride. A year ago added dutasteride and Oral Min.

I am an NW7 and over the 2 years, I have noticed some regrowth on my crown, but hairline has not improved.

So progress has been painfully slow.

I have been realistic from the start, and I knew that if I was to start to regain some lost hair, I would first see it by a diminishing number of hairs lost when I rub my hands through my hair.

On top of losing most of my hair from the top, I have also experienced significant thinning on my sides.

Just running my hands through my side hair I would typically get 30 to 50 hairs per day, just on one side.

No treatment I have ever tried has in any way reduced this loss from the sides.

But about a month ago I noticed an old bottle of liquid melatonin that I purchased for some purpose (not sure why) over the past 2 years.

So after previously trying topical min, topical finasteride, estro, spor, CBD oil, LLLT, microneedling, et al to reduce lost hairs specifically from my sides, I gave liquid Melatonin a go.

Results?

Well, this is not a scientific study, so I can’t claim cause and effect, but the day after I applied liquid Melatonin on both my sides, I have only been able to drag out 2 hairs in my repeated hair pull tests over 2 weeks.

This is the first time in almost 40 years that I have run my fingers through the side of my head, and have seen no hairs in my hand.

I have applied this liquid 4 times in 2 weeks, but this cessation in hair fall out still remains.

It may be worth someone repeating this to see if results can be replicated.
Take before and after Photos and continue

Whats the Brand or Dosis?

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I typically apply 1 spray on each side of my head, primarily on the sides only. It doesn’t leave any grease or residue and in fact seems to thicken the feel of my hair.

Attachments

• EB6473D8-5AA2-40A2-9F42-BFCB438731BF.jpeg
    EB6473D8-5AA2-40A2-9F42-BFCB438731BF.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 81

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
mike im not going to argue with you. i tried it and it didnt work. its a gimmick/snake oil/bullshit. if you want to waste money on it gooooooooo ahead. studies dont translate into real life. thats the problem with you forum users, you guys ask for feedback if product x works, ppt give their honest feedback that it doesn't work, and then you guys try argue for why it should work in theory. move the efff on
1% topical is like 300x higher concentration than what was used in the studies. Often times more isn’t better.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Conflict of Interest: None declared.
I dont know why they none declared conflict of interest when they have patents regarding it
Inventor Peter Elsner

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Conflict of Interest: None declared.
I dont know why they none declared conflict of interest when they have patents regarding it
Inventor Peter Elsner
Why is this considered an invention? It seems to simply be a blinded study on topical melatonin on females with diffuse or pattern balding.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1% topical is like 300x higher concentration than what was used in the studies. Often times more isn’t better.
Thats true but 0.003% sounds like nothing but thats the dose of only one study. I guess 0.1% will probably be okay. I mean whats the matter with buying a microgram scale and melatonin as a powder for 20 bucks and mixing it with Alcohol. It should be really cheap