Melatonin Enhances Survival And Preserves Functional Integrity Of Stem Cells: A Review

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27736010

Maybe melatonin can help investigations from Japan on hair stem cells

J Pineal Res.
2016 Oct 13. doi: 10.1111/jpi.12372. [Epub ahead of print]
Melatonin Enhances Survival and Preserves Functional Integrity of Stem Cells: A Review.
Lee MS1, Yin TC1, Sung PH2, Chiang JY3,4, Sun CK5, Yip HK6,7,8,9,10.
Author information
Abstract

Despite state-of-the-art pharmaceutical regimens, continuous improvements in diagnostic techniques as well as refinements in equipment and interventional procedures, many diseases remain refractory to conventional therapies. Recent advances in stem cell (SC) biology have opened an avenue to exploring its therapeutic potential in various disease entities, especially those that are ischemia-related and refractory to conventional treatment. A number of experimental studies and clinical trials have already demonstrated promising outcomes. On the other hand, SC therapy is associated with major problems. For instance, ischemia, inflammation, and oxidative stress are some of the factors unfavorable for SC survival once SCs are implanted into the ischemic area in an attempt to enhance tissue regeneration and restore organ function. Melatonin, which is originally derived from pineal gland in the regulation of human circadian rhythms and sleep, is a potent free radical scavenger and metal chelator with the capacity to alleviate oxidative stress and inflammatory reactions as well as stabilizing cell membranes. Accumulating data have demonstrated that melatonin-supported SC therapy is superior to SC alone for improving ischemia-related organ dysfunction. In this review, we describe and interpret the potential role of melatonin in sustaining the survival and preserving the functional integrity of SC. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take like 15mg of LIQUID melatonin, with cherry every night. It's amazing stuff. I get the best sleep and have good dreams. Don't feel groggy the next day at all.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are very clever buckthorn, melatonin plus cherry, improve absortion for sure."Best sleep and good dreams", enjoy it

But I read that minor quantity of MEL give a good result. in order of 1 mg

resu

Reaction score
I take like 15mg of LIQUID melatonin, with cherry every night. It's amazing stuff. I get the best sleep and have good dreams. Don't feel groggy the next day at all.

The problem is that once you don't use it you won't have quality sleep anymore.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I dump 10-20mg of melatonin in my 60ml minoxidil bottle since a few week. Nothing to report for the moment.