Medical hair Restoration

mike20768

Reaction score
Im a newbie and decided to do a bit more research since the technology has changed a bit since i went last in 2001.

Ive actually been twice so far. 550 grafts first time (1998 age 20) and 550 second time (2001 age 23)

Results have been pretty good. Going back for another procedure dec 18 and getting 1000 grafts this time.

I hear MHR is a butcher shop etc but I have been happy. Dr. Kergis did my first 2 procedures and Dr. Ballon is doing my next one. This 3rd time Im having a few doubts though. Dr said he doesnt like how wide my scar is and he might have to make it wider which is not a good thing to get the 1000 grafts. So he said he is going to extend the scar on the left and right side of my head and get say 300 from each side.

This really bothered me considering that when I went last year for a consultation, they never said anything about my donor area needing to be extended. But that was Dr. Cole which has been replaced with Dr. Ballon.

Dont know.....

G

if Dr. Kurgis gave you a wide scar, why would you be happy? IMO, STAY AWAY FROM THE HAIR MILLS. :freaked2: There are far, far many better choices in independents and also do not charge as much as the hair mills do.

mike20768

Reaction score
Actually Im not happy about that. And I did ask Dr. Ballon why Dr. Kurgis made it wide if it was going to be a problem. He said something I dont remember.

Its not really that wide. Dr. Ballon just said he doesnt want to expand it anymore then it is now by trying to get another 1000+ grafts.

Im actually more affraid to go to a independent surgeon then MHR. At least MHR has many many many patients that can give you feedback etc.

I dont have any complaints. Just wondering why everyone dogged out MHR.

At the end of the day, I guess its all opinion and about peoples experiences. I just dont see how for example you can say Lexus sucks if you never owned one.

No disrespect to anyone. If you hate MHR, thats your opinion. At this point they have done 2 hair transplant on me and I have had no problems so i guess you can say I know what to expect.

G

Mike,

Listen to me very carefully. YOU CLEARLY need to do more research. Go to other forums, do a key word search on MHR and start reading what other MHR patients have to say. :freaked2:

I know all about them as I used to work for them and take particular note that I left immediately once I figured out things you just are not aware of IMO. :freaked2:

If you think for one second that there is less risk with the hair mills, you are direly mistaken. Having a competent skilled reputable independent is the best path you can follow.

mike20768

Reaction score
I took your advice. Im meeting Dr. Cole in NY this weekend for a consultation. Ill tell him what Dr. Ballon told me and see what he says.

Ill keep you guys posted.

G

There's also some other talented independents in NYC you may want to consult with as well since you will be there in the big apple. :wink: