Me, my pics, my hair, am I losing it?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Alright im guysmiley on hairloss help forum so im linking to those pictures.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/guysmiley/

Im 24 years old, I have maybe 2 uncles on my moms side that are maybe Norwood 3-4. I have no male pattern baldness history besides that. If I am just getting a mature hairline then I wanna stop it. I just dont know what to try. I have a prescription for propecia but I lied to my derm about a history of male pattern baldness I just didnt want to go back for 75 bucks If I wanted to use it. My mom and uncles both made seperate comments about my hair thinning out. I have certainly noticed it myself. I say I had very thick hair before because I think I had more hair then brad pitt if thats possible. My head is very itchy but it even itches in the very back where I guess DHT shouldnt be.
Anways what are your opinions is it hair loss at all? Would propecia be a good idea?
Feel free to comment tell me im stupid whatever.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i se that some recision on the right temple.. and u might have some crown thinning. but its hard to tell so youre at worst in the early stages and can get on treatments to keep it. :D

abcdefg

Reaction score
When I posted my pics the first time I got lots of very early stages comments. Lots of people seemed to think it was just starting. I think I agree but the more comments or consensus the better ill feel. What should I try or use? Should I avoid propecia or embrace it? growing boobs or losing major hair will turn a small problem much worse.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, you have the early stages of hair loss. I don't see it on the hairline, though, just on top of your head. Lucky, lucky man. :)

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Actually I see some thinning at the hairline on the right side of your head. I am hyper-critical, so I doubt anyone else (well no one but us nutters) would think you were losing your hair at the hair line.

s.a.f

Reaction score
looks ok to me.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if i would have known about propecia and finasteride when i started i would have jumped on it... i only knew about Rogain then.. so down the hill it whent a litle bitt.
Im on finasteride now for almost 4 months.. no sides.
And the Boob storys are for the AVodart and Oral spironolactone.
Doesnt say that as a posible side effect on the finasteride.
Most commen is weeker libido and brain fog but i think most of them are just imagening looser boner and head fog... because they upsess about not getting ..or looking after sides... just like the 1.8 % on placebo that got sides. and 2.2 % on finasteride got sides... not that big a difrence with the placebo.... strange isnt it :lol: :lol: :lol:

abcdefg

Reaction score
So would propecia be a good bet for me? or do I just wait for a safer DHT blocker?

Im mainly scared about when im 40 years old and my hormones are all screwed up for 20 years. I mean what exactly will that do to me? will I get sick longer? or have arthritis earlier? I mean DHT supposedly is everywhere in men and does lots of important functions it just scares me the minor things it could do to me.
I just dont see any treatment besides propecia as a possible treatment. Nothing else even looks worth trying. Ive been down the herbal supplement road and it was worthless.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Its a very tough decision to start on any treatment. I have lots of hair to shed that might not grow back or my hair could get screwed up with the testosterone spike I mean its all one big chance.

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
So would propecia be a good bet for me? or do I just wait for a safer DHT blocker?

Propecia is safe. If it was not safe it would not have been approved by the FDA.

Dont let people scare you into thinking your gonna be all messed up with side effects. Look at the study and how rare sides actually are. You will read about paranoid people, on the internet, that claim all kinds of sides. But you have to remember that paranoid people try to make other people paranoid. Please do not become a paranoid psychosomatic idiot and keep your hair (which looks great) by getting on finasteride. Good luck.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah. Its just knowing a little about what finasteride does to you doesnt fill me with confidence its very safe long term, but life is about chances. I can hope i guess something like ascj-9 or some safe topical DHT inhibitor gets FDA approval so I can use something safer.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Thanks for replies the more consensus there is the better I feel about trying something like propecia.

G

that guy's crown isn't bad. he may not even be balding there. my crown looks exactly the same.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Do I start on treatment? Which ones? I know what there is, but what is right for me to take at this stage?

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
No Worries

That looks like a hair whirl to me, cowlick or some damned thing that lots of of guys have. Perfectly normal. Even in your twenties your hair will evolve to a mature hair line, doesnt mean you will be bald, its just mother nature.

feenix101

Reaction score
IF i had known about propecia a year, I would've started my regimen then. I just wish my hairloss was known to me then, oh well. But it's totally your call when or if you start an internal DHT inhibiter or some other topical, just sooner then better cause there are a few personal stories which are good examples of how fast hairloss can effect people within a few monthes.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I know but i have little family history of male pattern baldness. Will propecia help me stop a mature hairline? I dont want one and I dont care if most people think a mature hairline looks better as you age. I want to keep my teenage hairline.

G

abcdefg said:
I know but i have little family history of male pattern baldness. Will propecia help me stop a mature hairline? I dont want one and I dont care if most people think a mature hairline looks better as you age. I want to keep my teenage hairline.

no propecia won't stop a mature hairline. a mature hairline is not male pattern baldness.

abcdefg

Reaction score
If a mature hairline is not male pattern baldness, then Norwood 3-7 are simply a hairline that matured more and nothing to worry about either.

G

abcdefg said:
If a mature hairline is not male pattern baldness, then Norwood 3-7 are simply a hairline that matured more and nothing to worry about either.

poor logic