Me Again - 17 Year Old Male With A Mountain Of Questions

Reaction score
Hey,
Don't know if anyone remembers me, I registered on the site a while back and asked you guys for some advice. Im a 17 year old male with a family history of very aggressive male pattern baldness, (my dad lost most of his hair by 24) I hit puberty at the age of ten (pretty early hey) and at the age of 16 noticed my hair had gone from "wow your hair is really thick" (barber) to quite thin, and you could noticeably see thinning of my hair, especially in direct sunlight. Of most concern was my thinning sideburns which always looked thin and the receeding temples.
I figured I really had to do something about this. I didn't mention on the forums before but I have been diagnosed as having BDD (body dismorphic disorder) which is basically a psychological condition based upon self image - im currently in councilling, and having BDD is known to drastically enhance the chance of comitting suicide, so im a pretty depressed individual!

I recently ordered generic finasteride (1mg) from the internet (a years supply). However I am now wondering if I should use this? Is it true that there are issues with quality control, making sure that the water isnt contaminated as they are made in India etc? Would it be advisable to go for something like procepia instead? The pills are waiting at the post office, as soon as I pay my £11 customs charge I will have them!

Ive been using Nirozal and minoxidil foam 5%. I always spike up my hair with gel and so before applying and before i go to sleep I always shampoo my hair. Ive been doing this with nizoral, using it twice a day - after reading the instructions I am anxious to know if this is doing more harm than good to my hair? As it says only use 2 times a week!

I think using the foam my sideburns have got a bit thicker. my hair certainly is feeling thicker when i run my hand through it! I really want to maintain the hairline and regrow temples if at all possible - should i start on spectral dnc? ive already ordered revita the shampoo.

youngandscared

ps. where can i buy MSN cheap!!!!

Framer

Reaction score
Hey youngandscared. I know hairloss sucks as I suffered like you with it for 10 plus years. I know your young and you would like to keep your hair but did you also think of shaving it like I did. There's nothing wrong with doing this anymore as more and more white guys are doing it and are able to get away with this. People don't even bat an eye anymore at seeing a white guy with a shaved head. Young or old it' s not an oddity and that's exactly what guys like you want. You want socially acceptance and for people not to look at you like your odd. Am I right? I've been there many times kid as have many others I am sure.

So if I were you I would either go on the big three or just shave it and relax. Good luck and I wish you much success in whatever you decide.

Framer

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ve been using Nirozal and minoxidil foam 5%. I always spike up my hair with gel and so before applying and before i go to sleep I always shampoo my hair. Ive been doing this with nizoral, using it twice a day - after reading the instructions I am anxious to know if this is doing more harm than good to my hair? As it says only use 2 times a week!

The 1% Nizoral works just as well as the 2% according to studies, there really isnt much difference. If you are going to use Nizoral everyday then get the 1% next time. But I would only use that once per day, as the shampoo is quite drying on the hair, for your second shampoo get something milder.

I recently ordered generic finasteride (1mg) from the internet (a years supply). However I am now wondering if I should use this? Is it true that there are issues with quality control, making sure that the water isnt contaminated as they are made in India etc? Would it be advisable to go for something like procepia instead? The pills are waiting at the post office, as soon as I pay my £11 customs charge I will have them!

What Online Pharmacy did u get them from?

I have been taking drugs from online pharmacies for years.

Reaction score
Hey Framer: I know exactly what you mean, some people it looks good on but the shaved head look would just look tragic on me. The social acceptance thing is pretty spot on: with the condition I have (BDD) I actually cross roads to stay out of sunlight so my hair looks less thin, avoid crowded areas, places with lots of mirrors, harsh lights etc - its a pretty messed up condition.

Blaze: I think im already on 1% nizoral - its not prescribed. The finasteride that I bought was from this site:

http://www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk/hair-l ... pecia.html

s.a.f

Reaction score
Nizoral is pretty hardcore stuff dont use it more than 2x a week. Also msn wont really do anything for you.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi youngandscared:

I couldn't comment on the quality of the finasteride supply you've got but it sounds like you should be on some sort of finasteride soon. However, you're only 17, and possibly still developing and I don't know if it's a good idea or not. Maybe because you're an early developer you'll be ok. Not sure, maybe some experts on here could chip-in ... but finasteride really is the stuff you need to get on asap. Maybe a topical? Or something like fluridil? Just until you're a bit older.

Nizoral: don't use any more than 3x a week. It's harsh stuff. You can get 1% and 2%, so maybe mix it up a little.

in the mean time, get some thickening shampoo such as L'Oreal Vive Thickening, it will make a real difference to your thinning hair.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
youngandscared said:
Hey,
Don't know if anyone remembers me, I registered on the site a while back and asked you guys for some advice. Im a 17 year old male with a family history of very aggressive male pattern baldness, (my dad lost most of his hair by 24) I hit puberty at the age of ten (pretty early hey) and at the age of 16 noticed my hair had gone from "wow your hair is really thick" (barber) to quite thin, and you could noticeably see thinning of my hair, especially in direct sunlight. Of most concern was my thinning sideburns which always looked thin and the receeding temples.
I figured I really had to do something about this. I didn't mention on the forums before but I have been diagnosed as having BDD (body dismorphic disorder) which is basically a psychological condition based upon self image - im currently in councilling, and having BDD is known to drastically enhance the chance of comitting suicide, so im a pretty depressed individual!

Ive been using Nirozal and minoxidil foam 5%. I always spike up my hair with gel and so before applying and before i go to sleep I always shampoo my hair. Ive been doing this with nizoral, using it twice a day - after reading the instructions I am anxious to know if this is doing more harm than good to my hair? As it says only use 2 times a week!

I think using the foam my sideburns have got a bit thicker. my hair certainly is feeling thicker when i run my hand through it! I really want to maintain the hairline and regrow temples if at all possible - should i start on spectral dnc? ive already ordered revita the shampoo.

youngandscared

ps. where can i buy MSN cheap!!!!

Take it easy on the nizoral, like any shampoo, frequent usage will leave your hair looking like loose straw. As for the quality of the Finasteride, yes it is possible you may be getting crap.

G

Regarding your finasteride questions.

1.) I have not seen one confirmed case of a counterfeit indian generic propecia.

2.) Dr. Reddy's and Cipla are reputable pharmaceutical companies. These are not made out of some mad scientists basement lab. Dr. Reddy's sells their generic proscar in the U.S.

Therefore I would take it ASAP if I were you. I had the same questions as you did but after further reserach came to the above conclusions. I wouldn't take my word if I were you, I would do the same research.

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for all the replies: my other question is do you think something like spectral dnc would help with the frontal hairline and temples? thanks :)

TheOliviaTremorControl

Established Member
Reaction score
After reading into this BDD I have confirmed that I have symptoms of it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its pretty extreme if you are able to leave the house , have a social life etc you almost certainly dont have it.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
youngandscared said:
Hey Framer: I know exactly what you mean, some people it looks good on but the shaved head look would just look tragic on me.

I've never seen a shaved head that looked bad. See my sig.