Mbehr22's Story - (** New UPDATE - 1/28/07 - 5.5 Months **)

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
Collegechem...

Im on 1 mg propecia right now. Its been 1 mo. What should i do, in your opinion, given my current state?

Stay on it, and if so, for how long?

If i make the switch to dutasteride, how can i transition from propecia to dutasteride successfully?

Just curous...thanks for the info (everyone)

G

LookingGood! said:
I have one question for you and dont run and avoid the issue. Avodart has not been approved by the FDA yet. Why are you telling him to order it and where are you getting those claims of hair growth. Phase 3 trails were halted there. It is only a prostate med at this point.
Your regimen might work for you but it is an outrage that you dump that on newbies thinking it is helpful b/c it's cheap. What happens if one of these newbies gets ill from these unproven concoctions? I know you will never answer the question b/c you're immature and cant. At least what I advised is proven but you're not mature enough to realize that so you continue to dump your self serving nonsense on them time in and time again.

I'm out!

Avodart did complete phase II studies and participants showed much more regrowth on Avodart when compared to Propecia. I believe the number was 50%. Saying that Avodart is unproven and that it's only a prostate med is ridiculous. Avodart is prescribed by many docs across the country, for the off-label purpose of hair loss treatment. Plenty of drugs are prescribed off-label for other reasons besides their main intended purposes.

Avodart blocks more production of type I and type II DHT than finasteride does. It's more effective.

College has helped a ton more people on here than you have and he is much more valuable to the forum. You're being unnecessarily rude. If there were a hypothetical Survivor contest between you and him on who should be allowed to stay on the forum, you'd lose in a landslide.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
mbehr22 said:
Collegechem...

Im on 1 mg propecia right now. Its been 1 mo. What should i do, in your opinion, given my current state?

Stay on it, and if so, for how long?

If i make the switch to dutasteride, how can i transition from propecia to dutasteride successfully?

Just curous...thanks for the info (everyone)

Stick with finasteride for at least 6 months before deciding if it's working or not (unless you're getting side effects). If after that time you're unsatisfied then think about dutasteride or minoxidil. Chances are the finasteride alone will fix your problems... don't bring minoxidil into the mix unless you really need it because it's a massive pain in the *** to use and it's another med your stuck with for life. Start with the best and most proven treatments (finasteride) then add others as necessary. This way you avoid loading up on meds you may not even need.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
LookingGood! said:
I have one question for you and dont run and avoid the issue. Avodart has not been approved by the FDA yet. Why are you telling him to order it and where are you getting those claims of hair growth. Phase 3 trails were halted there. It is only a prostate med at this point.
Your regimen might work for you but it is an outrage that you dump that on newbies thinking it is helpful b/c it's cheap. What happens if one of these newbies gets ill from these unproven concoctions? I know you will never answer the question b/c you're immature and cant. At least what I advised is proven but you're not mature enough to realize that so you continue to dump your self serving nonsense on them time in and time again.

I'm out!

Avodart did complete phase II studies and participants showed much more regrowth on Avodart when compared to Propecia. I believe the number was 50%. Saying that Avodart is unproven and that it's only a prostate med is ridiculous. Avodart is prescribed by many docs across the country, for the off-label purpose of hair loss treatment. Plenty of drugs are prescribed off-label for other reasons besides their main intended purposes.

Avodart blocks more production of type I and type II DHT than finasteride does. It's more effective.

College has helped a ton more people on here than you have and he is much more valuable to the forum. You're being unnecessarily rude. If there were a hypothetical Survivor contest between you and him on who should be allowed to stay on the forum, you'd lose in a landslide.

How are you contributing to the thread?

It's not a contest between myself and CCS. You seem to be his cheerleader. I could not care less. You are right he does help more people only because he lives on the forum but I am not counting so whats your point? How are you contributing to the thread? You're deviating.

Also, my mistake with the phase trial but the bottom line is it has not be approved for hairloss, it's more underground now. How is it helpful to a newbie to inundate him with unproven formulas made in his dorm when they could be using the standard big 3 that is proven? I am a living testament to the big 3 having used them for 7.5 yrs straight and have maintained hair and stabilized it to a Norwood 2.5.

In the future bear in mind the only reson why I criticize charlatans such as CCS is b/c they can do harm. My intentions are nothing less than honorable to this poster that is reaching out for help.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
*************** 1.5 month update ************

OK - im at the 45 day mark on propecia

im taking 1 mg / day and actually thought about getting on avodart, but that was just a shed-induced panick

I think it was week 2 through week 3 or 4 of the propecia regiment that i started freaking out ... i was shedding like crazy. if i brushed my hair forward into the sink, there would literally be hundreds of hairs (scary) ... now when i do that now there will be a dozen hairs - tops (man im jinxing myself! haha) ...

during the initial shed there were many very long, skinny hairs, mixed with a few short thick/blacker hairs... those shorter ones seemed to curl like a crescent moon, very different from the long skinny brown ones... im not sure what that means ...

tonight was the first time i saw a 'squigly' hair in the sink. there were a few shedded hairs in there, and then one very very skiiny hair that had many curves in it ... like waves .. not sure what that means either .... any tips on how to read this pattern??

Also, ive just added Nizoral as a 'topical' ~ 4 times a week. Im not sure how much this anti-dandruff shampoo will help, but its worth a shot. (ive never had dandruff b/f)

and, to show you all what a dork i am, i have made a diagram .... if anyone has any idea why i shedded in the pattern/cycle, or how to 'read' these types of hairs, please let me know

all help is appreciated

hairdiagram.jpg

G

Looks like you have squiggly alopecia. Talk to ronalkdia for that cure.

:D

seriously though, don't worry about it. maybe it just curled up like that when it fell off your head. it's just one hair.

G

Re: thanks jay

mbehr22 said:
ronalkdia

who or what is that??

well he is a poster on here who claimed that using rogaine grew a bone in the back of his head. he also thinks that men who c*m fast during sexual activity are exhibiting a sign of male pattern baldness.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score

JayMan said:
mbehr22 said:
ronalkdia

who or what is that??

well he is a poster on here who claimed that using rogaine grew a bone in the back of his head. he also thinks that men who c*m fast during sexual activity are exhibiting a sign of male pattern baldness.

LMAO

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
how do you "read" a shed? i thought that i read on here a way to look at the length, thickness, and presence/lack of a "bulb" at the end of the hair ...

this would tell you how the drugs are working/helping/doing nothing/etc

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh, I agree with you thread starter (sorry i forget your name already) that hitting it with everything will be best for your hair.

Me, I don't have alot of hair loss, but I will be formulating some topicals in the not too distant future, and will begin using dutasteride. With that I will be using 17a estrdiol to offset the increase in testosterone that comes with dutasteride.

Included in my topicals will definately be soy isoflavones (how many Japanese men do you see with hair loss) and l-arginine.

If you are looking to blast it with everything but the kitchen sink, look at ccs' regimen for ideas, and also consider adding phenytoin.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
hitting it with everything will be best for your hair

im on propecia now - almost 2 months in - are you saying dutasteride would be better? why

and why add the topicals now?

Thanks!

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
2 months update - pics coming

Im about to finish up month 2 on propecia - im also using nizoral 4x week - but i swear that Im losing a lot (a lot!) more hair near the front ... when i was first told about my thinning in the back (i had no idea) i was hoping that finasteride would regrow my hair back there, but i swear that since i have been on the drug my hair loss in the front has increased exponentially

my 1st big shed started on about wk 2 of finasteride, lasting through wk 4-ish ... shortlived.

i had a lull in the shed for a few weeks, and now it seems to be be increasing again ... shed shed shed ...

am i crazy?

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shedding is common on all the meds, check out the shedding part of the forum. There seems to be a sort of logic to it in that a shed is often a prelude to more pronounced regrowth. But there are stories which contradict this. Man for man, we're all a mystery.

The most common advice seems to be sit tight.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
tchehov said:
The most common advice seems to be sit tight.

Thanks!

I know thats the right thing to do - but sitting tight is also the hardest thing to do..

bubka

Reaction score

JayMan said:
mbehr22 said:
ronalkdia

who or what is that??

lol, i missed the new bone on the head post :D

bubka

Reaction score
LookingGood!: i have posted that many times about is "mad" concoctions that he promotes to people here, its f*****g nuts

G

bubka said:
JayMan said:
mbehr22 said:
ronalkdia

who or what is that??

lol, i missed the new bone on the head post :D

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... one#201296

"i just grew this new bone on top/back of my head. i noticed this a few months ago...doctors said its normal. i had used rogaine in that area a year before....any of you had a new bone growth?"

I laughed at Thinning's comment, but seriously, how could any reasonable person think that I am dumber than ronalkdia? :D