maybe human growth hormone is a fountain of youth

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
bubka said:
i think you father and your brother should also do the CCS penis injection phase I trials, that way we can have better statistical results, maybe eve your sisters boyfriend too

f****ing awesome

CCS if you actually do that, you are certifiable.

jayman i love how you quoted me in your sig...me calling jews a cult when you called Jehovah's Witness' cult memebers on numerous occasions.

CCS

Reaction score
fjhgjjfgf

CCS

Reaction score
fhjjghjf

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I also think I can do dumb bell squats. I'll have to see on that one, but it should be a lot easier than putting the weight on my back.

Try Zercher squats or Hack squats instead. Neither have any weight on your back.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Qua ... Squat.html
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/exercise ... rsquat.htm

Note: If doing Zercher squats, use a towel and wrap it around the bar, plus wear a long sleeved shirt, because the bar can tear up your arms without those 2 things.

powersam

Reaction score
hehe apparently i've been doing zercher squats for ages. to me it was just a squat holding the bar in a more comfortable way.

CCS

Reaction score
I tried squating with the bar behind my neck once. It hurt my neck so bad. I was in pain for 3 days. Not doing that again unless I have a very experienced quater watching my every move with no weight on the bar. I'd rather just not do squats at all.

s.a.f

Reaction score
How about using a vertical leg press machine, is'nt it pretty much the same as squats for legs but without the pressure on your back?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried squating with the bar behind my neck once. It hurt my neck so bad. I was in pain for 3 days. Not doing that again unless I have a very experienced quater watching my every move with no weight on the bar. I'd rather just not do squats at all.

Look at the 2 links I posted. No weight is on your back.

I think that you just had the bar in the wrong position when you were doing back squats before. Low carry = easy on your neck. Plus, it's safer, and you can lift more weight that way because it involves your glutes & hams more.

IMO anyone that even wants to try and lift weights should pick up a copy of Starting Strength. Even if you don't buy into squatting 3x/week, Mark Rippetoe can still explain the proper way to squat, bench, deadlift & military press better than anyone else. I thought I knew how to squat till I read that book...Came to find out I was doing it all wrong. I fixed my form and my squat rocketed up faster than it ever had before.

CCS

Reaction score
I went startingstrength.com and looked at the pdf sample of his book. Nothing there I don't know already, and the picks were not that good. He does not recommend doing that many sets. Maybe my problem is I do too many sets? Well, I just did some grass to *** squats in front of my computer, with no weight, and no pain. So I guess I have hope. I'm going to go to the gym again soon and try and see if I can do that again with some weight. Last time I did dumbel squates, I just worked my traps.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
I went startingstrength.com and looked at the pdf sample of his book. Nothing there I don't know already, and the picks were not that good. He does not recommend doing that many sets. Maybe my problem is I do too many sets? Well, I just did some grass to *** squats in front of my computer, with no weight, and no pain. So I guess I have hope. I'm going to go to the gym again soon and try and see if I can do that again with some weight. Last time I did dumbel squates, I just worked my traps.

the bar shouldnt be on your neck ccs...it should be on your traps...squeeze your shoulders blades together and let the bar rest on your traps...

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Trust me, even if you think you know everything about exercise form, you don't. Professionals can even learn a thing or two from a good teacher on proper form etc...And tweaking their form just a bit to exert maximum power. Honestly, the squat is more than just bending your knees with a bar across your back. Feet positioning, bar placement, head placement relative to the bar, proper back arch, hip movement, knee placement and more all goes into the squat.

Rippetoe is a strength coach, so, of course he doesn't recommend tons of sets with high reps. Strength coaches are all about low reps to maximize power. You can look super huge like a BBer, but be weak. Which is why in the strong man competitions, the super ripped/huge BBers never win...They never even come close. They may look huge, but they can't lift big.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
the bar shouldnt be on your neck ccs...it should be on your traps...squeeze your shoulders blades together and let the bar rest on your traps...

I even use lower bar placement than that for squat. I squeeze my shoulder blades together as hard as I can and rest the bar on my rear delts. Rear delts make a nice "rack" to place the bar across.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Harie said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:

I even use lower bar placement than that for squat. I squeeze my shoulder blades together as hard as I can and rest the bar on my rear delts. Rear delts make a nice "rack" to place the bar across.

yah thats kinda what i meant...the middle part of your traps....Usually there is more "meat" there for the bar to rest on...I doubt ccs has big enough delts to rest the bar on...no offense. Actually most people have underdeveloped rear delts.

But yah you are right the lower the better...brings your posterior chain more into the mix...and thats where most of your power comes from.

CCS

Reaction score
that is what I meant to say. i guess I should have said upper spine, not neck. And yes, I think I'll do some more reverse butter flies to build those rear delts.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
that is what I meant to say. i guess I should have said upper spine, not neck. And yes, I think I'll do some more reverse butter flies to build those rear delts.

yah...bent over lateral raises are my favorite....you could also do those on the cables using the lower pullies...grab the right handle with yoru left hand and the left handle with your right hand, same motion.

Another awesome rear delt exercise is face pulls...do a google search.
pull ups are also good for your rear delts.