May be a slightly noob question.

Deaner

Reaction score
I know this has probably been talked about before, but what do you search for when you're asking a question like this. I haven't been able to pick up Propecia for the last 3 days, could be another couple of days before I get more. I've been taking it for 3 years or more (lost count). Will I lose any ground by not taking it for a few days like this? I've been rather diligent with the pill otherwise.

Thanks for the responses, and sorry for the noobish question hahaha. Just a little bit worried.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mean half-life here was 6 hours.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/Doctor/1G1-17549200.html

On an anecdotal note, I missed 5 days once and didn't retreat. Although my hair loss is not aggressive. I'm sure there are others who could answer the question better, but if I was you I wouldn't worry. Grab some tea (green and/or black) and throw it on your head while you are waiting to re-up if you want to do something in the meantime.

Deaner

Reaction score
So it's actually quite possible to lose ground after just a few days of missing it though? That's kinda worrying, hehe.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
.......i'd have to imagine if it takes 4+ months to see real results from propecia it must take equal to see a decline.. whose with me

oh my god i missed 3 days of propecia!!!!

:punk: :mrgreen:

s.a.f

Reaction score
treeshrew said:
.......i'd have to imagine if it takes 4+ months to see real results from propecia it must take equal to see a decline.. whose with me

Exactly :agree: when it comes to hair nothing happens in a period of a few days. Changes take months to happen, missing your meds for a few days wont harm you as long as your suppressing DHT for the majority of the time overall.

Deaner

Reaction score
Day 7 without Propecia.
I feel like simple "pull tests" of my hair are yielding far too many hairs at this point. Whether or not it's more than I was losing before, I can't be sure, but a couple light tugs on the crown area got a few hairs, several times over. I'm starting to worry a bit... hopefully the decline hasn't already begun.

Edit: Left crown is starting to look really weak. Unhappiness is starting to kick in.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
Day 7 without Propecia.
I feel like simple "pull tests" of my hair are yielding far too many hairs at this point. Whether or not it's more than I was losing before, I can't be sure, but a couple light tugs on the crown area got a few hairs, several times over. I'm starting to worry a bit... hopefully the decline hasn't already begun.

Edit: Left crown is starting to look really weak. Unhappiness is starting to kick in.

I suggest grabbing some Nizoral from the pharmacy.

TylerDurden1

Reaction score
I think, actually I'm rather sure, it's all in your head. People loose 100 hairs a day on average, even girls, its only natural. If you focus on every hair then your mind fucked. Scientifically I think it seriously would take at minimum a few months for your to lose ground.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just because finasteride takes months to work doesn't mean getting off finasteride a week won't have repercussions. When you start taking finasteride, the DHT attached to the follicle won't exit immediately because you were taking finasteride. I am not sure how it works but I'm guessing the DHT breaks down, or what have you. But because there is less DHT in the system, there will be less DHT to take its place, giving the follicle the ability to regenerate back to a hair producing follicle.

But when you stop taking finasteride, how long does it take for the 5ar to start making DHT again? And how long does it take to attach to the follicle? How long before that follicle is weakened? None of these question I am sure of, but it's my guess the damage is done a lot faster than any results you see. So the comparison between results and detrimental non-use is not logical, IMO.