Matvei15's Story - (25 / NW2/3)

matvei15

Reaction score
I have experienced a receding hairline for the last couple of years. It has not been anything drastic, but it definitely has received some comments and personal attention from myself. I still receive many compliments from girls, but I would like to restore my hairline and add thickness on the rest of my head (my blonde hair is naturally thin). I have recently started on Rogaine Foam and will be starting Propecia soon. I purchased the Nioxin System 2 in terms of shampoo and styling. Any thoughts or advice would be well appreciated. Cheers!

matvei15

Reaction score
Re: Male - 25 YO - NW2/3

Photos

Attachments

• hairline1.JPG
    hairline1.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 190
  • Image0099.jpg
    Image0099.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 245
  • Image0.jpg
    Image0.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 238
  • Image0022.jpg
    Image0022.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 276

amsch

Reaction score

Hey there.

Propecia should stop forther hairloss for the next 5-6 years, and rogaine foam MAY cause some regrowth. There has been one user who started at about the same Norwood-stage as you did, and regrew an unbelievable amount of hair on rogaine foam.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36967&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=defenton&start=140

But NEVER EVER expect his results. Don't forget, stopping hairloss is great as well!

ygrec

Reaction score

Actually you've caught your hairloss just in time, good for you. Hairline is notoriously difficult to restore, but you really haven't lost much ground. And for me the regrowth actually started with the hairline when I began to take finasteride (Propecia). I started with 0.5 mg daily and now switched to 1 mg every other day, which seems like a better idea than the recommended 1 mg every day. Economical, too )). And according to the trials there's no significant difference between 0.5 and 1 mg daily, and one dose keeps your 5ar low for about 48 hours.
The thickness on the rest of your head looks fine, blond hair is always thinner than dark.
Good luck!

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: matvei15 - (25 YO - NW2/3)

Welcome, i agree with the post above mine. Your hair still looks good and it seems with fina you could still keep it/improve it for a few more years.

matvei15

Reaction score
I should note that I had used some thickening foam with my hair the day these photos were taken. My hair is not naturally that thick. I'm currently shedding quite a bit but do see tiny hairs around my hairline. I'll stick with it...

matvei15

Reaction score

Does that mean Propecia only works for 5-6 years?

amsch said:
Hey there.

Propecia should stop forther hairloss for the next 5-6 years, and rogaine foam MAY cause some regrowth. There has been one user who started at about the same Norwood-stage as you did, and regrew an unbelievable amount of hair on rogaine foam.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36967&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=defenton&start=140

But NEVER EVER expect his results. Don't forget, stopping hairloss is great as well!

amsch

Reaction score
Usually it works for 4-6 years or so. But many users have been on propecia for over 10 years.

matvei15

Reaction score
Ok, so here is an update to my progress:

Routine:

I have been applying Rogaine foam every night before bed, since the end of December 08.

I have been taking Propecia daily since mid February.

I have applied Nizoral 1% every other day, leaving in hair for 5 minutes each application.

Current results:

I have visible underdeveloped hairs along my hairline. They have been in this state for some time now, with no change.

I am not sure whether it is a seasonal shed or something else, but my hair seems quite thin at the moment, with my scalp very easily exposed with any moisture (when it was not even like this before the start of my routine).

The crown of my head seems unchanged, with the vertex and top areas seemingly more thin that before the routine began.

Questions:

After I apply rogaine foam, I comb into my scalp to achieve maximum coverage. Is this detrimental?

I only apply rogaine foam at night, not twice a day. Is this severely limiting my results?

I am fully aware that any major results take time once on a routine, but over five months into using Rogaine foam, I am slightly disappointed as I have barely seen the slightest of changes and almost feel thinner as of writing. Considering most resources I have read (including the manufacturer's labeling) have stated results can be seen a few months in, it makes things interesting.

(Pictures to follow)

matvei15

Reaction score
Current photos

Attachments

• IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    201.7 KB · Views: 185

matvei15

Reaction score
The fourt photo is the most concerning - my vertex has noticeably thinned and I figured I would have seen some positive results by the fifth month as opposed to reversed results (isn't the main shedding phase over?).

matvei15

Reaction score
So I'm assuming due to the lack of response the answer is to ignore these factors and stay on course?

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
It's hard to say, because when you part your hair like that in the fourth pic it's normal under lighting to see scalp. However, it seems like your natural hair isn't thick to begin with. I'd stick to your normal hairstyle; they can really hide loss. Keep at it and you should be okay, I think.