Maturing or Receding?

ravenals

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been depressed about my hairline for a while and I don't know if its just a mature hairline or if its going to recede more than that. Although my temples have receded as well as my hairline, it seems as if it is just a mature hairline despite the fact that I'm only 20. When I graduated highschool, my temples started to receded and I experienced itching all over my scalp. This happened for a year in which I saw my hairline and temples receded. However, it has stopped itching and I have barely shedded any hair. I've attached a pic for reference. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2014-02-01 09.49.57.jpg
    2014-02-01 09.49.57.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 286

DHT_Blocker

Reaction score
Doesn't look noticeable at all, and you're still very young. I would include some side profile shots of your hairline, and pull back your hair as well to expose the hairline. If you do feel like it is actually receding, you should take some close and precise pictures of your hairline to monitor if it is receding or not, over the months and years.

You could always start a regimen of Finasteride 1mg, and I would suggest using a cream-based minoxidil solution as well. That is, if you feel that you actually need it, and honestly you may not. Best of luck!

ravenals

Reaction score
Doesn't look noticeable at all, and you're still very young. I would include some side profile shots of your hairline, and pull back your hair as well to expose the hairline. If you do feel like it is actually receding, you should take some close and precise pictures of your hairline to monitor if it is receding or not, over the months and years.

You could always start a regimen of Finasteride 1mg, and I would suggest using a cream-based minoxidil solution as well. That is, if you feel that you actually need it, and honestly you may not. Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply. My hairline and temple receded within a year but it hasn't been receded for half a year. In fact, my frontal hairline is quite thick compared to when it was receding. I really just hope that its a mature hairline but having it happening when you just reached 20 is quite disappointing.

Ryukil

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have any older pics of your hairline? It really looks fine to me, though you say it has receded. I don't really know if it's a mature or receding hairline.
Important question: do you have hair loss in your family?

ravenals

Reaction score
My father's hairline receded a little bit but it has stayed like that for more than 10 years. Both of my uncles on my mom's side are receding but they're in their 40s and have kept their hairline. My grandfather on my mom's side is kind of bald in which he has thin hair on the top which still grows. He's 80 though. I feel like I'll end up with my dad's hairline but its hard to tell when my hairline recedes at such a young age.

- - - Updated - - -

My crown is perfectly fine but my main concern is my frontal hairline because it seems to have moved back within the span of a year. Thanks.