Maturing Or Receding? Please Help Me Learn

OneWorr13r

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I'm 23 years old and just wanted to ask you all for some advice. I honestly do not know much about hair or male-patterned baldness; so, instead of aimlessly searching, I thought asking here would be a good first step. I'd appreciate any and all responses because I would like to learn so much more about this.

I never worried about my hair until recently--my father (who started to lose his in his mid twenties to thirties) has told me several times recently that he thinks my hairline is receding. Now, I never really put much thought into it, but, after he said it a few times, I realized that the thing I hate the most is simply not knowing whether or not my hairline is simply maturing or actually receding. I haven't notice extreme hair loss (nothing falling out), but I'm still unsure if it appears as if it is thinning...If you don't mind, could you look at my photos and give me your thoughts?

The first two photos were taken one year ago (I'm sorry about the quality. I really don't have old photos of me). The others were taken recently. If I need to add anything else, please let me know! Again, thank you for all your help. I'm sorry if I'm overreacting, too. I don't mean to--I just seriously do not know what to think....

Attachments

• edited3.jpg
    edited3.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMAG3716.jpg
    IMAG3716.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 20190629_213523.jpg
    20190629_213523.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 96
  • 20190629_213703.jpg
    20190629_213703.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20190629_214434.jpg
    20190629_214434.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 93
  • edited1.jpg
    edited1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 108
  • edited2.jpg
    edited2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 111

John_zor

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, if someone tells your something about your hairline it's usually because someone really noticed something :D Looking at your older photos and those who you took recently. There is a different hair style so It can't be used to compare, at least I can't. You have high forehead with or without recession so If there is any recession I would say it's minimal and it's only maturing. It's hard to tell, this things develop through years and years and sometimes your hairline stays the same for 10 to 20 years. Other relatives, moms father, uncles? Can you point at someone in your family who has similar hairline like yours?