Mature Hairline Or Receeding. Please Give Honest Opinion.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's normal to have a mild receded hairline.

Your hair is thick, but if you feeling your hair it's getting thinning.

I recommend you see a dermatologist.

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a way to fix this ? Say it is a mature hairline if i go on finasteride can i regrow some hairs ? Would i have to continue the treatment if it is a mature hairline ? How longbdo most mature hairlines last ?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Not to be pessimistic, but medicine doesnt know very much about hardly anything. Nothing your asking like will the mature hairline stay in place or how long could it last have any definitive answers. It just varies by person.
If you start finasteride it MIGHT help keep it like that, but for how long no one knows. Yes you have to use it forever until or if something better replace it. Whether you have a mature hairline is pure opinion so will vary by doctor/derm.
Here is my advice - keep the pictures, and take some more pictures in 1 year under the same lighting to compare to judge if its getting worse. Your hair looks fine so wait for now until your positive its getting worse. You dont want to take drugs unless its for sure.

Nikki Lauda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
would kill for this hairlline, actually i had just this hairline 3 months back. f*** my life.

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to be pessimistic, but medicine doesnt know very much about hardly anything. Nothing your asking like will the mature hairline stay in place or how long could it last have any definitive answers. It just varies by person.
If you start finasteride it MIGHT help keep it like that, but for how long no one knows. Yes you have to use it forever until or if something better replace it. Whether you have a mature hairline is pure opinion so will vary by doctor/derm.
Here is my advice - keep the pictures, and take some more pictures in 1 year under the same lighting to compare to judge if its getting worse. Your hair looks fine so wait for now until your positive its getting worse. You dont want to take drugs unless its for sure.
Thank you for your thought and opinion

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's normal to have a mild receded hairline.

Your hair is thick, but if you feeling your hair it's getting thinning.

I recommend you see a dermatologist.
Thank you for your opinion means alot means alot. Does it look like a mature hairline ?

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your opinion means alot means alot. Does it look like a mature hairline ?
Your hairline can stay like this for many years or can worse.

Now you still a nice hairline.

So I recommend you see a dermatologist.

If this boring you so much, why do not you just start a lower dose of finasteride.

jimmy1691

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! kindly take a look at my head and please give me your suggestions. Whether it is a serious condition and a need for worry

Attachments

• IMG_2421.JPG
    IMG_2421.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 215

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline can stay like this for many years or can worse.

Now you still a nice hairline.

So I recommend you see a dermatologist.

If this boring you so much, why do not you just start a lower dose of finasteride.

Well before actually going on finasteride i want to get a diagnosis but i dont know where to look. I live in birmingham. I just want to find a good clinic where they can look at if there is any miniterlization. Sorry if my spellings off

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well before actually going on finasteride i want to get a diagnosis but i dont know where to look. I live in birmingham. I just want to find a good clinic where they can look at if there is any miniterlization. Sorry if my spellings off
Don't worry :), we are in this forum to fight this f*****g disease.

Take care

Bryant12

My Regimen
Reaction score
you look fine man.. if you going to do anything about it just used minoxidil, rogaine... and stop using harsh shampoos if you do

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
your still NW1 going to 1.5
probably mature hairline in formation, your hair seems to be very thick beyond that which is good, but thats where u need to keep eyes on
cause miniaturization beyond the NW2 area is male pattern baldness, not your case atm, enjoy your hair

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your still NW1 going to 1.5
probably mature hairline in formation, your hair seems to be very thick beyond that which is good, but thats where u need to keep eyes on
cause miniaturization beyond the NW2 area is male pattern baldness, not your case atm, enjoy your hair
Thanks man