masturbation

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
im in, atm im trying at least once a week, im only 16 so its nearly impossible!!

if you dont for like 3 weeks wet dream time lol

did you see the pictures though!

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes lol. Oh man that may be harder for you. Lets say every one of your days is worth 1.5 days. I am not convinced this will work but I am willing to give it a try.

slipy

Reaction score
douglasmich said:
if you dont for like 3 weeks wet dream time lol

i went 2 months (this was 1,5 year ago) and only at the end of the second month did i start to get wet dreams.

just so you know. :ermm:

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
This topic comes up, it seems, about once a year on this forum..and I believe its bullshit. What are you going to do..stop jerking off for the rest of your life? Its ridiculous.

I'll save you the time..heres how its going to go..you're going to quit jerking off..maybe even for 30 days..you may even convince yourself within the first week or two that all of a sudden your hair feels or looks thicker...within the next month you'll start jacking off again and say "ah f*** it" and realize its not actually doing anything, and even if it was you're not going to want to stick to not jacking off ever for the rest of your life. Should you also limit the amount of sex you have then?

Seriously every few months people come on this forum and claim that if you stop jerking off it'll stop your hair loss, or if you rub cayenne pepper on your head it'll grow your hair back, or if you drink your own piss (i'm not kidding, there was an entire thread about it and several people tried it) it'll grow your hair back. Its all ridiculous sh*t that seems to come in waves on these forums.

slipy

Reaction score
Chris87 said:
or if you rub cayenne pepper on your head it'll grow your hair back, or if you drink your own piss (i'm not kidding, there was an entire thread about it and several people tried it) it'll grow your hair back. Its all ridiculous sh*t that seems to come in waves on these forums.

the difference is, opposed to other bs theories the masturbation one actually has some ground because it does alter hormone levels. knowing this, a guy new to the hair loss world could easily become suspicious and raise questions.
i know this was the case with me. those questions wouldn't arise if there was a study regarding this.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
slipy said:
Chris87 said:
or if you rub cayenne pepper on your head it'll grow your hair back, or if you drink your own piss (i'm not kidding, there was an entire thread about it and several people tried it) it'll grow your hair back. Its all ridiculous sh*t that seems to come in waves on these forums.

the difference is, opposed to other bs theories the masturbation one actually has some ground because it does alter hormone levels. knowing this, a guy new to the hair loss world could easily become suspicious and raise questions.
i know this was the case with me. those questions wouldn't arise if there was a study regarding this.

Alters hormones? So does eating red meat, the amount of sleep you get, having sex, drinking green tea (apparently raises dht level), working out, etc.

Its ridiculous to think that quitting having sex, working out, and masturbating is going to solve your hair loss. Its not. You still have normal levels of DHT in your body..your hair is genetically pre-disposed to miniaturize and fall out due to DHT...so its going to continue to do so whether you jack off or not.

You can come up with a pseudo scientific explanation for almost anything. There was a thread maybe a year ago, as i mentioned previously, where this guy had people convinced that if they rubbed their own piss on their heads, or even drank it, it would help their hairloss. He had a whole explanation for why this worked. He had MULTIPLE guys on this thread buying into this and trying it, believing that it was actually doing something. Guys do stupid sh*t like this, and fool themselves into believing its having an effect because they want so badly for there to be some secret treatment that is better than finasteride that will stop this...some crazy technique or rare african herb or whatever. Its all a gigantic circle jerk of denial in my opinion.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Chris87 said:
slipy said:
Chris87 said:

Alters hormones? So does eating red meat, the amount of sleep you get, having sex, drinking green tea (apparently raises dht level), working out, etc.

Its ridiculous to think that quitting having sex, working out, and masturbating is going to solve your hair loss. Its not. You still have normal levels of DHT in your body..your hair is genetically pre-disposed to miniaturize and fall out due to DHT...so its going to continue to do so whether you jack off or not.

You can come up with a pseudo scientific explanation for almost anything. There was a thread maybe a year ago, as i mentioned previously, where this guy had people convinced that if they rubbed their own piss on their heads, or even drank it, it would help their hairloss. He had a whole explanation for why this worked. He had MULTIPLE guys on this thread buying into this and trying it, believing that it was actually doing something. Guys do stupid sh*t like this, and fool themselves into believing its having an effect because they want so badly for there to be some secret treatment that is better than finasteride that will stop this...some crazy technique or rare african herb or whatever. Its all a gigantic circle jerk of denial in my opinion.

Lol I want to see this...Do you have a link I will do a search of the forum.

Edit:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=63579&p=597402&hilit=urine#p597402

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=61699&p=581205&hilit=urine#p581205

That guy was pretty bold.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He never posted pics. In fact the last post he ever made here he said he was going to get a camera. I wonder why he never came back to the site, maybe because the piss solved all his problems with hairloss. :D

K

kehcorpz

From reading past literature and to my knowledge of the endocrine system, abstaining causes a higher spike in testosterone levels than masturbation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11760788

Abstract
This current study examined the effect of a 3-week period of sexual abstinence on the neuroendocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm. Hormonal and cardiovascular parameters were examined in ten healthy adult men during sexual arousal and masturbation-induced orgasm. Blood was drawn continuously and cardiovascular parameters were constantly monitored. This procedure was conducted for each participant twice, both before and after a 3-week period of sexual abstinence. Plasma was subsequently analysed for concentrations of adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol, prolactin, luteinizing hormone and testosterone concentrations. Orgasm increased blood pressure, heart rate, plasma catecholamines and prolactin. These effects were observed both before and after sexual abstinence. In contrast, although plasma testosterone was unaltered by orgasm, higher testosterone concentrations were observed following the period of abstinence. These data demonstrate that acute abstinence does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah the second link is the one I'm referring to. Go read through that thread..12 pages of dudes being convinced to drink their own piss and put it on their heads and saying they think its working....I had to chime in that thread as well on page 3 it was too funny.

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a real good thread! I'm in but I think I can't take it for 1 month but I will try!

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
DonaldAnderson said:
ummm...this is not easy to say...I have failed you all. :sobbing:

Oh..ya mean its not reasonable to try to stop jerking off for the rest of your life? ya dont say! :jackit: :smack: :)

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ummm...this is not easy to say...I have failed you all. :sobbing:

272909002.gif

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sorry but DHT is produced on site by the 5ar that is produced within the tissues of your scalp. the prostate isnt the only organ that produces 5ar. masturbating or not wont affect the state of your hair. your scalp skin will produce 5ar whether you do or dont jack off.