masturbation and hair loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew_egi

Reaction score
flux said:
We've heard the masterbation and moms dad theorys countless times from people new to this site

It is not MY theory. It is a proven theory and real facts.

Anyway, I am not going to argue here - I am sure that those who are interested will gain information from my posting.

At the same time I wish you good luck in your hair loss discussion with veterans :)

andrew_egi

Reaction score
morpheus said:
Quote:
Case Study - Examples of Over-masturbation or Over-ejaculation: thin hairs, male baldness, bloody ejaculation, fuzzy vision, losing memory and mind, and other psychological disorders for no more sexual orgasm

Quote:
Over-masturbation or over-ejaculation has produced excessive DHT that unfortunately burned out your hair rooting cells, perhaps enlarged your prostate, and caused over-expansion or rupture of the arteries or capillaries in your urethra and prostate with a severe deficiency of the elastic/relaxation hormone prostaglandin E-1 due to a lack of neurochemicals in the local tissues and blood vessels.

if i remember correctly, I read that junk on a highly religiously motivated anti sex propaganda website, note the word 'perhaps' meaning that the person who wrote this doesnt actually have a clue, and hads stuck some relavent scientific words together to justify a bull*hit argument....

actually intercourse and masturabation do increase testosterone and dht production in your balls to enable you tohave a hard on, this is not the scalp though,and those levels quickly return to baseline once sex is over, afaik this does not have anything to do with scalp alpha reductase and and scalp DHT levels, your pituatry glandin the brain signals your testes to produce testosterone, which causes a stiffy

http://www.4-men.org/malehairloss.html
Look here

fred

Reaction score
Well, a fact puzzle me: Just after I masturbate or have sex with my girlfriend, I have an excess of sebum production just afterward, and it cause problems to my hair definetly. My hair become almost immediatly greasy. I sweat like mad. I always thought it was "normal" but everytime I speak about it to close friends they all say stuff like "are you serious? you should visit a doctor cause it's weird" etc.... So masturbation or having sex definitely cause problem to my hairloss, in my case.

andrew_egi

Reaction score
fred said:
Well, a fact puzzle me: Just after I "jerk off" or have sex with my girlfriend, I have an excess of sebum production just afterward, and it cause problems to my hair definetly. My hair become nearly immediatly greasy. I sweat like mad. I always thought it was "normal" but everytime I speak about it to close friends they all say stuff like"are you serious? you should visit a doctor cause it's weird" etc.... So jerking off or having sex definitely cause problem to my hairloss, in my case.

Exactly what I was reading from different people when I was seeking for material concerns hair loss. The most interesting that the effect is immediate. Fortunately it is almost immediate from the recovery point of view too, otherwise I would't have strength to bear the "treatement" :lol:

hopewas

Reaction score
andrew_egi said:
hopewas said:
the guy who made this thread is a f*****g moron

But not bold... :lol:

you're right you're not bold. and learn how to spell.. by the way, believe it or not..a lot of people here aren't bald... just in the stages of losing their hair like myself. this masturbation cause blindness, baldness sh*t.. is all created by religious nuts who say it's wrong. i guarantee it

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
sex...

but what do you mean exactly?

ejaculation?

Ejaculation causes a massive loss of ZINC. That could be the reason to increased hair loss during intensive sex periods, and not be related to dht production at all.

There's also a production of sweat during love making that's probably not beneficial to hair survival as it is very acid.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I read the URL you cited, Andrew. It makes technical sense, but male pattern baldness does NOT make technical sense. I can believe that excess ejaculation might have an effect on DHT levels, I'll give you that.

BUT... to claim that 'masturbation causes hair loss' in and of itself is irresponsible. The correct claim, assuming that this article is scientifically correct, is that excessive ejaculation causes an increase in DHT levels. Period.

Whether or not the increase in DHT translates into hairloss is a much more complicated step to take. There are a lot of other factors involved, maybe the excessive ejaculator's hair is not affected by the increase in DHT over and above what he is already succeptible to even if he never ejaculated? Maybe someone has a high ambient level of DHT in his blood, and the ejaculation doesn't increase it much more, or maybe the increase is small, in relation to the normal DHT levels that this subject's body is producing anyway.

My point is that the article claims a link between 'excessive ejaculation' and higher DHT levels. To go from that claim, which might hold water, to a sensational headline claiming that 'masturbation causes hair loss' is a bit of a leap.

Redbone

Reaction score
I beat it twice a day sometimes and this has never contributed to my hairloss-this is plain stupidity, there is not a man alive except maybe the pope in rome who does not "Punch the Clown" on occasion.

Since starting Propecia I have waxed the dolphin more than usual and my hair has gotten thicker and re-growth has started. Listen Up there is no correlation between choking the chicken and hairloss, it has 90% to do with DHT sensitivity and the other 10% with health issues.

I want to see a valid clinical study done by a reputable group that states ejaculation increases type 1 DHT. People need to learn that you cannot blame baldness on eating habits, masturbation, hair styles, swimming pool chlorine, baseball caps etc...

TRANS AM FAN

Reaction score
Yes......But......

Redbone said:
. People need to learn that you cannot blame baldness on eating habits, masturbation, hair styles, swimming pool chlorine, baseball caps etc...

I agree for the most part but A BAD MARRIAGE MAY LEAD TO excessive masturbation & along with the 'added stress' hair loss.... :freaked: :freaked: :freaked:

-Trans Am Fan

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
..reading this thread is making my hair fall out :roll:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
andrew_egi said:
It is not MY theory. It is a proven theory
No. It is not a proven theory that masturbation can exascerbate hair loss. When they have conducted double blinded placebo based clinical trials including hair counts over a period of 1 year with controls in place, and the data has been recorded, and hair counts counted... then it will be a proven theory that is significant to hair loss sufferers.

Many things cause fluctuations in DHT in the body. That doesn't mean they affect hair loss. Period.

HairLossTalk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.