masturbate can cause hairloss

CCS

Reaction score
this was a duplicate of the next post below. just cleaning up. now that I know about the delete button you wont see any more double posts from me.

CCS

Reaction score
wow. I had three of the same post. i'm going to go hunting threw my old posts now. i can't delete once someone replied, but i can shorten the redundancies.

CCS

Reaction score
Some of your posts were intertaining. I read as far as the bottom of page 4 before getting annoyed with everyone's reasoning, including scientist and the original poster for failing to think of tests that are more measureable. If their hair loss does not completely reverse, but just slows or stops for a while, how do they know it was not genetics or their regimin? I've made mistakes on these forums too, though. Here are my comments:

1. I doubt masterbation contributes much to hairloss, especially if you are on propecia, and it contributes only if it raises testosterone levels and they don't fall below normal later. Do a search on testosterone and masterbation.
2. Before asking believers for proof, first ask yourself if the doctors who say masterbation does not cause hairloss have any proof. Since there are no hits on Pub Med, that means no study was done and our guess is as good as a Doctor's guess.
3. Increasing testosterone should increase hairloss at least a tiny amount. All androgens cause hairloss. DHT is just 30 times as potent to follicles as testosterone is. Increasing testosterone production does increase DHT some, but not by a proportionate amount. I doubt masterbating raise testosterone by more than 10%, and don't know how long the spike would last, if there is one. You should get your testosterone checked instead of not masterbating.
4. More weight lifters are bald, but this could because many bald men compensate by lifting weights. There is a myth that wearing hats causes hairloss for this same reason.
5. Because of the benifits of masterbating daily, and the stupidity of turning down sex, I'm going to continue masterbating. Would you stop lifting weights to slow your hair loss a small amount?
6. In the first 4 pages, I have not seen any intelligent reasons call the masterbation-hairloss theory stupid. I just think those concerned should test their testosterone levels instead of not masterbating, and they should get on propecia if they are that worried, and they need to decided if they are willing to go without daily sex to keep their hair, since there is no point in testing the theory if they don't want to do it for a life time.
7. If masterbating does cause testosterone increases, they should get a small testosterone patch that causes this same increase and have a lab test to see how much the DHT increases with this dose. Then they should look at some clinical finasteride trials and see how much more hair proscar grows than propecia and how much DHT is inhibited by each and compare the magnitude of the trial DHT differences to the testosterone cause DHT differences.
8. The existance of folk legends about masterbation is irrelevant to the validity of the question at hand. That is like saying that since the retarded kid next door believes in God, there must not be a god.

Note: Brian would point out that only the DHT produced by the follicle causes hair loss.

So serum DHT does not matter. However, by upping serum testosterone, follicle testosterone will increase, and 5ar2 will bump into testosterone more often and make more DHT. If cells are smart enough to make less 5ar2 in response to higher DHT, they may be smart enough to make more in response to finasteride. But we don't see that happening enough to stop fiansteride's effect. Therefore, even if the body makes less 5ar2, the DHT levels will still be higher. Since finasteride 1mg grows 83% as much hair as finasteride 5mg, the difference in DHT levels from masterbatioin could have some effect, but I doubt masterbation raises testosterone a lot or else muscle magazines would recommend it.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
right now i dont know about masterbation causing hair loss, but for sure inflammation...i cut down sexual activities to once every 4 days, my scalp stop flaking and itching, hair been still falling out

CCS

Reaction score
hey, hey! this masterbasion topic has 106 posts! the most on the page. do you think group masterbation causes hair loss?

jimothy

Reaction score
I beat myself off all the time (about three times a day occasionally 6, this is supplemented with regular sex) I'm twenty seven started receeding at 18 and have only lost a cm from my hairline in 9 years. I wouldn't worry about wanking if I were you, it's definitely not an issue for me.

There is a weird blame culture thing going on. If more hair had shed after the first bash on myself, I would presume that was due to the ageing process not beating the meat. It's like that when people reckon they had to have gotten their prostatis after taking Finasteride (A curative medicine) or saying they have swelling in their ankles using minoxidil. Do these people realise things can go wrong with out having been caused by external factors.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
things maybe different for everyone, how do u explain my inflammation completely stopped?

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
i recently gone back to masterbating two times a day, my scalp is itchin like hell, even with the help of nizoral. i suspect jacking off gives a raise of testertorone like working out, a little spike. I definiately find it easier to have a boner, and occasionally get a boner for no reason after a workout. And after masterbating, its a lot easier, what you guys think about this?

re-seeding

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that excessive masturbation at some part of your life plays a significant role towards hairloss. It may not be the only thing I accept that. Perhaps your genetics tie into this also, for example your father could have been an excessive masturbator at some point and these defect gene's have passed on to you. There are more people suffering hairloss now than say 50 years ago. And I'm not convinced this is limited to masturbation, i think that ejaculation in general triggers a lot of chemical reactions in the brain and gives us that amazing feeling... All the testoterome and chemical changes are bound to have some kind of effect on you in some way or another there is no denying it, especially when it is done repeatedly over an extended period.

Thats my opinion.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The question under debate here should not be whether masturbation causes hair loss but whether hair loss causes masturbation. ':wink:'

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
My scalp feels much better when i dont masturbate. I think masturbation causes scalp disorder.

this is what i been trying to say for the last "X" posts, they just don't believe me. everyone else try it out!

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
re-seeding said:
Interesting and related topic going on at HLH

Wish it wasn't so difficult to stop.

I stopped slowly since spring, haven't notice any slow down in hairloss at all! only inflammation and itchiness which is completely gone. Also stopping ain't easy, try to cut down slowly, go out exercise more (cardio) p**rn on internet is nono. Think about all the hairs you gonna get back, and how much girls you can fu-k with your new sexy hair. GOOD LUCK